25 New Year’s Resolutions That Are Easy To Keep
We set the bar too high when it comes to New Year’s resolutions. Sometimes you need to throw a a few easy ones into the mix. A few gimmes. Just to boost your spirits.
New Year’s resolutions. Lose 50 pounds. Quit smoking. Work less. While those are all noble resolutions, sometimes you need to throw a few easy ones into the mix. A few gimmes. Just to boost your spirits.
1. I will not park illegally.
2. If I park illegally, I will try really hard not to get caught.
3. If I get caught, I will pay the ticket immediately and not let it accumulate additional fees.
4. I will make a new pot of coffee at work when I notice it is low instead of changing my mind and not having any at all.
5. I will make my bed. Almost every day.
6. I will always wear clean underwear, just like my mom told me.
7. I will only drive 10 miles over the speed limit. Unless it’s really important, then just 15 over.
8. I will not watch “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” … much.
9. I will not update my Facebook status from work, the bathroom or a red light. I may tweet about it, though.
10. I will buy my dog his own ice cream cone, no more sharing mine.
11. I will eat breakfast every morning. I heard somewhere that it’s important.
12. I will not scoff at all the smoker’s trying to quit. It’s hard.
13. I will smile more, even at complete strangers. Unless it is after 1 a.m. and I am in a dark, crowded bar. Then, no.
14. I will do more silly things, like pushing all the buttons on the elevator before getting off. Life is too short not to have fun.
15. I will return all library books on time. Mostly.
16. I will post to my blog at least twice a week.
17. I will eat more fruit.
18. I will not accept every single Friend request that comes my way just to up my numbers and look cool.
19. I will stop using the word cool.
20. I will find a really cool word to replace the word cool.
21. I will learn a new language. Wait … that requires a lot of effort, concentration and studying. Hmmm… I will visit Rosetta Stone’s website at least once a month so I can tell people that I am “thinking” of learning a new language.
22. I will try to cook at least one meal a week that does not involve a box.
23. I will actually replace the toilet paper roll and not just set a fresh roll on the back of the toilet.
24. I will eat the vegetables that I buy each week at the grocery store. No, really. I will.
25. I will take New Year’s resolutions more seriously.