This decadent cheesecake doesn't hold its shape well, so it's the perfect spin on a dip for crackers and fresh fruit. If you have a little time on your hands, try making the yummy pecan and brown sugar topping for it, too.
- 7 ounces of chevre goat cheese
- 6 ounces Dofino Reserve Gouda
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- Pinch of white pepper
1. Combine the first three ingredients in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Once everything is incorporated, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
2. Pour into a tart shell and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
3. To prepare the topping, melt 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. Add 1 thinly sliced granny smith apple and allow it to brown. Season with kosher salt and cook an additional two minutes. Add half of a thinly sliced pear and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Add another dash of kosher salt and toss to coat. Once browned slightly, add in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and toss again. Allow to carmelize, then turn off the heat.