Supplementary Vitamin B6 helps with the following conditions:
carpel tunnel syndrome
About Vitamin B-6 And Supplements
Vitamin B6 promotes protein & carbohydrate metabolism; release of energy; and is involved in more chemical processes in the body than any other vitamin. RDA = 1.2mg to 1.4mg.
Supplementary Vitamin B6 helps with the following conditions:
Pyridoxine, Pyridoxamine and Pyridoxal
Vitamin B6 is also known as pyridoxine, pyridoxamine and pyridoxal.
It promotes the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and the release of energy.
It is thought to be involved in more bodily chemical processes than any other vitamin.
Vitamin B6 promotes proper nerve function and the synthesis of red blood cells.
Vitamin B6 101
Up to 1/5th of women and 1/5th of elderly people do not obtain enough of this critically important vitamin from their daily diet.
Vitamin B6 :
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease and strokes.
- Helps to lift depression.
- Eases insomnia.
- Treats carpel tunnel syndrome.
- May lessen PMS symptoms.
- Helps to relieve asthma attacks.
- Helps with the control of acne.
Warning: Long-term use of high doses of vitamin B6 may cause nerve damage.
What is Vitamin B6?
Vitamin B6 is involved in many essential bodily chemical reactions. Its primary function is as a coenzyme, an agent that acts with enzymes to speed chemical reactions in cells.
In supplement form, vitamin B6 is available as pyridoxine hydrochloride, or pyridoxal-5-phosphate (P-5-P). Either of these forms of supplement satisfy most needs, however, P-5-P may be more easily absorbed.
B6 Pyridoxine 500mg
!00 time release tablets
|Source Naturals Vitamin B-6 Pyridoxine 500mg Time Release, 100 Tablets (Pack of 2)|
Vitamin supplement. Timed release. Vitamin B-6 is an essential nutrient which is requires for the metabolism of lipids, carbohydrates, and proteins. It facilitates the ...
What Does Vitamin B6 Do?
A few of the functions of vitamin B6 are:
- Forms red blood cells.
- Helps cells to make proteins.
- Manufactures brain chemicals (neurotransmitters), such as serotonin.
- Releases stored forms of energy.
It is also thought to be a factor in preventing and treating many diseases.
Supplementing your diet with vitamin B6:
- Helps to prevent heart disease.
- With folic acid and vitamin B12, it assists in the processing of homocysteine.
Homocysteine is an amino acid-like compound linked with an increased risk of heart disease when large amounts are present in the blood.
There are still other benefits associated with vitamin B6. It:
- Provides relief in some women suffering from PMS.
- Clears excess oestrogen from the body.
- May reduce the likelihood of epileptic seizures.
- Improves the mood of people suffering depression.
- Maintains nerve health.
- Assists people with diabetes who are at risk of nerve damage.
- Eases the effects of carpel tunnel syndrome.
- May reduce the intensity and frequency of attacks of asthma, especially for those taking the drug theophylline.
- Can relieve morning sickness (safe at dosages of 25mg a day – but check with your doctor).
Vitamin B6 Supplements
|Solgar - Vitamin B6, 25 mg, 100 tablets|
Vitamin B-6 is a water-soluble B vitamin that contributes to a healthy heart and nervous system. Vitamin B-6 plays a role in energy conversion, and assists in the metabolism ...
|EarthSweet Vitamin B-6, B-12 & Folic Acid - 60 - Chewable|
Bluebonnet’s EarthSweet® Chewable Vitamin B-6, B-12 & Folic Acid Tablets provide 50 mg of pure crystalline B-6 (pyridoxine acid), 1000 mcg of pure crystalline vitamin B-12 ...Only $12.09
|Mason Vitamins Heart Formula B6/B12/Folic Acid Tablets, 90-Count Bottles (Pack of 3)|
Mason Vitamins Heart Formula B6/B12/Folic Acid Tablets promote healthy heart function by supporting healthy homocysteine levels. Legal Disclaimer: These statements have not ...
|Nature Made Folic Acid 400mcg, 250 Tablets (Pack of 3)|
Nature Made Folic Acid 400mcg 3-pack/250-count
|Spring Valley - Vitamin B-12, Timed Release 1000 mcg, 300 Tablets, Twin Pack|
Vitamin B-12 prevents megaloblastic anemia by helping to from red blood cells. Vitamin B-12 helps to maintain normal levels of homocysteine which is important for heart and ...Only $9.75
How Much Vitamin B6 Do You Need?
The recommended daily level of intake of vitamin B6 is 1.2mg a day for women, and 1.4mg a day for men. Doses may be higher for therapeutic uses.
Around 1/5th of all women fail to get the recommended dosage daily. Women taking oral contraceptives are especially prone to having low levels of this vitamin.
If you get too little vitamin B6:
- Mild deficiency can raise levels of homocysteine, increasing the risk of heart and vascular problems.
- Stress, anxiety, confusion and depression.
- Itchy, scaly skin.
- Smooth red tongue.
- Weight loss.
- Severe deficiency (rare) causes symptoms of dermatitis, sores around he mouth and acne.
- Neurological signs include insomnia, depression and in extreme cases, seizures and brain wave abnormalities.
If you get too much vitamin B6 (more than 2000mg per day):
- Can cause sensory nerve degeneration (reversible) if taken for long periods.
- Sometimes doses of 200mg a day can have the same effect.
- If you take vitamin B6 for nerve pain you should consult your doctor if any new numbness or tingling occurs.
Vitamin B6 Tablets & Capsules
|Spring Valley - Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine) 200 mg, 60 Tablets|
Fortified with rice bran, each tablet supplies a high-potency daily measure of Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCl). Vitamin B-6 has a broad range of physiological roles and ...
|Nature's Bounty, Vitamin B-6 50mg, 100-Count (Pack of 2)|
B-6 plays an essential role in energy metabolism and nervous system health*Only $7.00
|Life Extension Vitamin B6 250mg Capsules, 100-Count|
Vitamin B6, or pyridoxine, is an important component of the coenzyme PLP, which metabolizes amino acids. Because of its amino acid transfer ability, the body can produce ...Only $9.38
|Spring Valley - Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine) 100 mg, 250 Tablets|
Spring Valley - Vitamin B-6 Pyridoxine supplies a high-potency daily measure of Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCl). Vitamin B-6 has a broad range of physiological roles and ...Only $9.74
Warning: Stop taking vitamin B6 if this occurs.
Doses of up to 100mg a day are known to be safe, even if taken over a long period.
How To Take Vitamin B6.
- Keep homocysteine levels in check with 3mg a day (a dose of up to 50mg a day may be recommended).
- For PMS a dose of 100mg a day has been recommended.
- For acute carpel tunnel syndrome you may try 50mg three times a day (or P-5-P).
- For asthma 50mg twice a day is recommended.
|Vitamin Shoppe - P-5-P (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate), 50 mg, 100 tablets|
Vitamin shoppe - P-5-P (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) is a water-soluble vitamin needed for over 100 enzymes involved in protein metabolism. It is essential for red blood cell ...Only $11.99
In all cases you should consult your doctor.
Vitamin B6 supplements should be taken in amounts less than 100mg at a time.
This will aid absorption.
If you are taking higher doses, then keeping to a regime of less than 100mg at a time will reduce the possibility of nerve damage.
Other Sources Of Vitamin B6.
Vitamin B6 is found in:
- Grains and cereals
- Green leafy vegetables
- Soya beans
- Bananas - one 50mg vitamin B6 supplement provides the equivalent B6 to 75 bananas.
Sources, Benefits And RDA For Vitamin B6
All the above are good sources of vitamin B6.