Houseplants expect proper light, moisture, nutrients, sanitation, temperature
Growing Healthy Houseplants by Ellen Zachos appears as a 2014-released publication for readers of the Storey Basics Series of Books for Self-Reliance.
Imagery and information bring indoor gardeners means, motives, and opportunities to:
• choose the right plant;
• control pests; and
• water wisely.
The attractive, portable book configures convenient organization through:
• one-page table of contents;
• three-page preface on phytoremediating needs for decorative, environment-balancing, homey, humidity-absorbing, oxygen-releasing houseplants;
• four-page introduction on scientific classification of subtropical and tropical plants into genus by hybrid or by species and cultivar;
• 27-page part on fertilizers, light, potting mixes, and watering;
• 47-page part on controlling diseases and pests, propagating, pruning, and repotting;
• 40-page part on flowering, foliage, succulent, and woody decision-making; and
• three-page index.