We hear it on the news every winter. A person or family suffers from monoxide poisoning due to some type of heater being used without the proper ventilation. This can easily be eliminated by installing a affordable and reliable alarm. If you use gas, oil or kerosene in a heater for the house or garage you run the risk of illness or worse yet death. In the winter months the threat of carbon monoxide is a very real concern for many. It can get in your home anytime fuels are burned to generate added heat for your home. Carbon monoxide poisoning happens when gas, oil, wood, charcoal or kerosene is burned in a confined space, such as a home sealed off for the winter.
Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
If you or someone in your home or garage burns oil or kerosene heaters a carbon monoxide detector can keep you safe from carbon monoxide poisoning. Prevent illness with an alarm.
What Causes Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide poisoning is easily avoiding by taking a few precautionary measures.
Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen if large amounts of these fuels are released in your home at one time, or smaller amounts lingering for several days. Anyone burning these types of fuels should have a monitor to insure no one becomes seriously ill. The signs of poisoning from carbon omissions in the home include dizziness, headache, tired and nausea. Seek medical attention if you burn fuels in your home and experience any of these signs. The best prevention is making certain a chimney is in place and working condition. Burning any of these fuels without the proper ventilation creates a very unsafe environment. You can monitor your home and keep your family safe with the small investment, for under twenty five you can buy the monitor seen here today.
Safe Heating with Gas or Kerosene
Heating with gas, coal, wood, oil or kerosene is very dangerous causing serious illness or even death if not used properly.
The stoves or other heating options using any such gases should be vented outside the home or area were humans stay. Chimneys don't always work and should be evaluated each season and cleaned making sure no gases back up into your home.
Poisoning From Car Exhaust
Closed garages with cars or other autos left running in them store carbon monoxide harming anyone in the garage.
The toxic gases can also leak from an attached garage into the house causing a threat in the home as well. Working in a closed garage with a kerosene heater creates the same dangerous threat. Always make sure any area where a gas burning stove of any sort is used is well ventilated and more importantly not sealed off.
Note: Gas burning generators also omit the same dangerous fumes. Take the same precautions you would with a gas burner when using generators in or around the home.