Crafts from Around the World for Kids at Michaels
Michaels Arts and Crafts stores offers free crafts projects for kids featuring crafts from around the world. Michaels Passport to Fun program lets kids get creative in the store.
Painting is fun, just ask these guys.
Michaels' Passport to Fun
Michaels offers summer craft fun
Michaels Arts and Crafts stores are located across America. Just about every conceivable craft supply can be purchased, taken home, and used to create crafts. In addition to their regular kids' craft projects, Michaels stores currently are offering a Passport to Fun program.
The Michaels Web site offers an overview with a map and travel itinerary. There are 18 stops on the Passport to Fun program. The sponsors are Crayola, Snazaroo, FloraCraft, and Fun Fusion.
Crafts from Around the World Travel Itinerary
Where in the world are the crafts from?
The 18 world crafts are from all across the world:
- In the Americas, the crafts include crafts from Canada, the United States, the Bahamas, Mexico, and Brazil.
- Crafts in Europe come from the United Kingdom, France, Sweden, Germany, Italy, and Greece.
- In Africa, Egypt and South Africa are represented.
- Asian crafts include Russia, China, Japan, and India.
- Australia is represented as well.
Crafts Adventure Schedule
The schedule for Michaels' craft adventure follows:
- June 21: Sweden, Dolls and Flags. Kids ages 3 and up can decorate their own Swedish doll and flag. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- June 23: Germany, Hat and Bells. A traditional German hat and a bell are featured in this kids craft. Ages 3 and up. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- June 25: Egypt, Hieroglyphics and Mummy. Kids 3 and up can make their own hieroglyphics and a mummy. From 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- June 28: Bahamas, Flip Flop Journal and Can Hugs. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. while supplies last. For ages 3 and up.
- June 30: Canada, Inukshuk and Mister Moose. Make a fun moose and maple leaf. While supplies last. Ages 3 and up. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- July 2: United States, Warrior Shield and Log Cabin Caddy. Just in time for the 4th of July, fun crafts for ages 3 and up. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- July 5: Italy, Leaning Tower of Pisa and Suncatchers. Beat the heat. Head to Michael's between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Ages 3 and up.
- July 7: Australia, Aboriginal Art and Boomerang. Kids ages 3 and up can make some fun Austrailian art from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- July 9: India, Creative Henna Hand and Craft Elephant. For kids aged 3 and older from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- July 12: Russia, Playful Nesting Doll and Frisky Brown Bear. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., kids ages 3 and up can explore Russian culture with these two crafts.
- July 14: France, Frenchman and Impressionist-style Painting. Make these French-themed crafts, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. For kids 3 and up.
- July 16: United Kingdom, Shamrock and Foam Crowns. Make an artful crown (Crown must be purchased) and a shamrock. For ages 3 and older, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- July 19: Japan, Foam Printing Block and Origami. Japan is the land of the rising sun. Make Japanese crafts from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. For children 3 and older.
- July 21: Greece, Olympic Torch and Greek Pot. For kids aged 3 and older from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- July 23: Mexico, Tissue Paper Flower and Mexican Clay Sun. Make Mexican crafts from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. For children 3 and older.
- July 26: China, Tibetan Sand Painting and Tangram. Kids 3 and up can make their own Chinese crafts. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- July 28: South Africa, Animal Pin and Friendship Bracelet. For kids aged 3 and older from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
July 30: Brazil, Butterfly and Mask. For kids aged 3 and older from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
To check on the status of these crafts, Michaels Web site offers the weekly projects at the bottom of the home page under the EVENTS tab.
Which country's craft would you like to try?
More Kids Crafts Projects
Keep Them Busy with All Sorts of Fun Craft Projects
Kids Recycle Projects
We all know by now how important recycling is, so teaching kids about recycling at a young age can help them become lifelong recyclers. When you start when kids are young with just about anything, the better your chances of success.
Kids Crafts -- Online Articles by Peggy Hazelwood
Kids love to make stuff. Trust me. Kids are naturally creative, and if you have some age-appropriate crafts ready to go, you can make a there's-nothing-to-do afternoon more fun in a snap.
St. Patrick's Day Coloring Pages and Crafts
St. Patrick's Day is celebrated March 17 each year to honor Saint Patrick, who brought Christianity to Ireland. Legend says that Saint Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland, but that is not literally true.
Kids Crafts at Michaels Craft Stores
Michaels has craft supplies galore. You can usually find what you're looking for for just about any craft project. But sometimes you need a few minutes of alone time to pick out just the right things.
Did Your Kids Do Any Crafts?
Let us know if your children made any of the Michaels crafts. Which country's crafts do you like best?
For more information about the countries, check the crafts around the world page at Michaels.