I am sharing my wing making technique here, and exclusively, on Wizzley.
To assemble these fabulous wings, you will need to cut a small section from a pair of white pantyhose and floral wire. While I am certain there are other fabrics that would work just as well, hose are my preferred and proven material.
Note: I will also offer alternate wing ideas
Instructions for Wings
- Cut two 6 1/2" pieces of floral wire
- Cut two 2" pieces of floral wire
- Cut one 2 1/4" piece from one leg of the pantyhose.
- Cut open that pantyhose piece and lay flat.
- Cut pantyhose piece in half to create 2 square pieces
6. Shape the long wire piece as shown and twist the base tightly to hold your circle.
The circle should measure approx. 1 3/4" diameter.
7. Fold and stretch one pantyhose piece over the wire form, catching all raw edges
between your fingers at the bottom. (See photo below)
8. Twist and tighten the short 2" piece of floral wire your previously cut around the bottom
to hold the pantyhose tightly into place with needlenose pliers. (See photos)
9. Trim excess hose fabric.
10. Set aside and make the second wing exactly the same way.
This Article was Published in Honor of Chef and All of the Busy Bees on Wizzley!
That has got to be the cutest little bee I've ever seen:-) Love the detailed picture tutorials!
What a clever idea. I bet my granddaughters would enjoy making these cute beed
I Love this ! Bees are fascinating and these little pom pom bees are adorable :)
I love your bumblebee pompom! Clever, cute, and crafty!
These are absolutely adorable! Your instructions are easy to follow too. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us!
Now those are beyond adorable !!!
Wowza!! These are way too cute. And you are so creative! Great post :)
This is adorable love it
These are so cute. Thank you for the tutorial, I'll bookmark this. Great article!