Once your crystal is properly cleansed, it is ready to be used in your meditation practice. One of the easy meditation techniques that you can use to focus on your crystal is below for you to try. This meditation is practiced with your eyes open, focusing on the crystal.
1. Use your meditation room - or find a quiet place where you will be practicing meditation. It is important that you use the same room every time.
2. Place your crystal on a table in front of you where you can easily see it, preferably at eye level so you can easily gaze at it without your eyes getting tired.
3. Relax and start to breath in and out deeply and slowly.
4. Look at the imperfections of the crystal and simply gaze into them. Just gaze without analyzing.
5. If you notice your mind wandering away, simply gently focus again on the crystal in front of you.
6. After a while, gazing on the crystal will feel very natural and you will experience a sense of calm.
7. Just keep gazing at it lightly without straining your eyes and keep your mind floating without any thoughts at all until you feel that you are rested.
8. Take a few deep breaths and end the session. You can also meditate by holding the crystal in your hands. In this case you can keep your eyes closed as you will feel the crystal instead of seeing it.
Some people use crystal meditation by lying down on the bed and placing it on one of their chakra points on the body.
Alternatively you can place it in front of your feel or next to your head (at your crown chakra).
Crystal meditation is easy and you can use any technique that you have used until now to meditate. You simply incorporate the crystal in your daily practice.
Also don't be afraid to try out various stones and see which is best for your crystal meditation. It doesn't have to be an exotic piece to help you along. I have tried several pieces until I finally settled down with my rose quartz crystal, as this was the one that really spoke to me.
Do You Have A Crystal At Home?
UberGeekGirl those are great tips (and actually the subject of a new article, that's why I didn't mention them here). That's what I also do (well, except for burying them, as it's not posible about here, I live in a flat), but the rest is exactly what I do before a meditation session or before doing Reiki.
I've been reading about gem stones and how they can enhance your life. Great info!
Fascinating - I didn't know about cleaning a crystal before using it. I don't have a crystal for mediation, but now I'll be on the lookout for one.