With cost cutting on the forefront of most every pet owners minds, thoughts lean toward vet expenses and what can be cut. In fact you'll be doing your pet a huge favor by taking a hard look at what pet needs can be met by you and all in the comfort of your own home. This is home sweet home to your pet and they much prefer you over the vet any day! There's a new movement at foot and it's the pet health care reform examining the real need for care, what can and cannot be cut. There is much here to consider.
Cut Pet Care Vet Cost
Learn how to cut pet care vet cost and save thousands of dollars. Find out the many services you yourself can provide your pet and all in the comfort of home.
Ways to Cut Vet Cost
First you must open your mind and realize this is not an emotional issue but in fact the truth about your pet and wallets well being. Vet care is stressful to most pets and can be harmful to all pets if done in excess. You can avoid needless vet cost and reduce the stress on both your wallet and pets. Fact is this; your pet can't tell you what they really want you to know or can they?
A Pet Owners Guide to Saving Money
Both my daughters and I adore animals we have two dogs ad three cats, all of which are pampered and well cared for.
In fact I've always gone above and beyond, like most pet owners, making certain our pets get the best of pet care. My recent visit to my cats vet ended up costing me $365.00 which would have been over $550.00 dollars but I refused. I had enough, my cat merely had an upset stomach and wasn't eating as normal, this cost was not acceptable. I had had it and spoke up in protest asking why so much?
Unnecessary Vet Expenses
Real Life Pet Care Stories
He explained it was lab work and testing adding many of the test aren't really necessary just precautionary. This was an indoor cat who had already been tested for the things many of the test would be looking for.
In the end she had nothing they tested for and was sent home with a simple antibiotic and no answer as to what could be wrong. I get the feeling they were taking advantage of me and my willingness to provide my pets the best.
After all I was the same customer who agreed to have one of our dogs bathed and given a special blow dry which was guaranteed to reduce shedding, She was actually shedding when I came to pick her up,
I questioned this and was told dogs tend to shed when they're are excited and she was no doubt excited to see my daughter and I. It was then I knew I was a sucker and vowed to be more prudent as our dog hated to come to the vet anyway. She hated to be left there for such services.
What Vet Services to Avoid
There are many things other wise considered vet services you can do at home for a fraction of the price and with less stress on you and your pet.
Ask yourself this question, is the vet creating services that aren't really needed and if so do these services deliver on what they say they will?
- Services like pricey shampoos and blow dry guaranteed to reduce shedding?
- Does your pet get stressed from frequent visits?
- Do you feel the stress on your pet is worth the trendy services?
The bottom line is that you can provide your pet with the majority of their needs at home. Don't be guilted into thinking you can't. It's just a guilt trip to line the pockets of someone else and taking treats out of the mouth of your pet!
In Home Pet Services You Can Do Yourself
- Grooming, bathing, combing, detangling, shedding, nails, ears etc.
- Treat for fleas, eggs, ticks, mosquitoes, and such
- Dental Cleaning and the like.
In fact there are tons and tons of videos on youtube offering step by step guides to treating your pet and providing them the services mentioned above and much much more.
Just visit youtube and type in how to wash a dog, or cat or any other thing you'de like to do. The furminator long hair detangler offers a how to video at Amazon when you vist the product via this page.
Cut Vet Pet Care Cost
Easy Practical Pet Health Saving Facts
Imagine no longer paying full price for treatments, visits and medications your pet really does not need. Understand that you can remedy your pets issues yourself in the comfort of home.
No doubt you're smart enough to know you spend a lot of time, money and stress on vet visits, and for what, to ease the guilt placed on you with the keeping up with the Jones mentality?
Imagine your pet enjoying the comforts of home, the best and honestly needed health care without overpriced bills. First you must know how to make this happen?
4 Things to Avoid Needless Cost
- Indoor pets require less vet care due to the lack of exposure.
- A healthy nutritious diet maintains good health and only basic needs.
- Providing your pet with a means to exercise eliminates vet visits.
- A happy, loved and well adjusted pet free from stress lessens cost.
How to Clean Pets Ears
Money Saving Do it Yourself Petcare
There are many things you can do yourself to care for your pets and save lots of money and stress.
Now that you've allowed yourself to think about this for a moment the light is on! Nobody cares more about your pet than you do.
Your pet does not have to go through needless vet visits. It is you they prefer to care for them.
Give your pet what they want and need all the while providing them with more comfort and love than ever before.
Why Do It Yourself
You know and love your pet like no other person. Your pet trust you, don't break that trust by handing them over to excess in vet care.
Ask yourself; who is truly at fault (you or the vet) if you don't question procedures, services or expenses?
Don't be sucked in by added request for vet services, after all they are only out to make a buck.
This is not your objective, and in no way are you obligated to hand over more cash at the expense of your pets comfort and trust.
Learn about and understand your pets care and needs for yourself. It is simple and much easier to follow through at home.
Don't feel bad for making any of these mistakes.
Most of us have! You have all you need to provide your pet with the best life has to offer them and that's your instincts.
Yes, follow your gut. I myself have made these mistakes and then some myself!
Funny lol Cat Videos
Natural Flea Remedies for Cats and Dogs
It’s that time of year again when your cats and dogs may begin to furiously scratch and yet this is something you do not want to see. The root of the itching is most likely fleas. If your cats and dogs roam around in the great outdoors there is no doubt they will encounter fleas.
Fleas can hang on and survive in your yard long into the end of fall and entering winter.
Pets that don't go outside much are still at risk of getting fleas.
The best approach is prevention when it comes to the dreaded fleas, otherwise before you no it you’re in full out war trying to rid the pest from your home.
Either way fleas on your pet or in your home can be very embarrassing or a lot of work to send them packing. There are loads of great flea treatments available online and at much better prices than you would pay at the vet.
Pet Care Home Remedies
Learn many money saving and safe do it yourself pet care options.
My Mom always did this and come spring I do for good measure it’s just too easy.
Vacuuming with flea collar power:
- A routine vacuuming of carpets, upholstery, and pet bedding works to eliminate and remedy flea infestations.
- The vacuum vibrations stir and lift new adult fleas; by adding the extra pieces cut from an all-natural flea collar as a deterrent.
- Simply place the flea collar or clippings inside of your vacuum bag, which will destroy new fleas trapped in the bag and no mess to clean up.
Flea Prevention for Pets and Home
These tips and steps will prevent flea infestations on your pet and in and around your home.
Cleanup your yard:
- Fleas love a moist, wet environment, so you can treat the exterior of your house to control the flea population around your home.
- You can eliminate the happy haven for fleas by creating a drier yard, remove falling leaves in the fall, cut the grass, trim shrubs and bushes, and don’t leave piles of sand, mulch or gravel laying around the house for long.
- Plus, keep your vegetable and flower beds clean of organic waste, such as leaves, grass clippings and straw, which are all places fleas love to hang around and set up house.
Apple Cider Vinegar Flea Prevention
Apple cider vinegar
Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle and mist pet bedding, base boards and carpets.
Repel Fleas with Cedar
- Your neighborhood home and garden store will provide you with cedar shavings, I get mine from a cabinet maker, I just drop by and he gives them to me for free.
- These wood shavings repeal fleas. I sprinkle some throughout my flower beds and around the foundation of my house.
- I also stuff pillow cases and cover with decorative covers and stack them around the house. I have a nicely arrange stack near the bottom of my landing around the bay windows and many other decorative spots.
- I put them in mason jars and replace the metal lid with a pretty cloth. The aroma is nice and well the uses go on and on.
- No matter what your approach fleas are something you do not want to be bothered with this summer and now’s the time to take action.