Create topic New topics

Forum

Tips, tricks, and suggestions

HEADLINE 101 [Infographic]

nightowl
Admin

So you've written this awesome piece of content, but you feel it's not getting the attention it deserves? One likely cause could be that your headline just doesn't work as hard as it should be. A great headline may be at least equally important in driving readership than awesome content, yet many of us often neglect to put in just as much effort.

If you're following the Quicksprout blog, you might already have seen it. In case you haven't, this infographic pretty much nails the ingredients and science behind a good headline.
The Formula For a Perfect Headline
Courtesy of: Quick Sprout
Original post: http://www.quicksprout.com/2014/07/03/the-formula-for-a-perfect-headline

SEO Praxis: Specializing in WordPress Hosting and Small Business Web Design.
Simon
Admin
on 07/03/2014

Cool :-) Very inspiring!

RupertTaylor

Probably very important, but far too much information for my poor little brain to process while writing a headline.

It's the Luddite in me that refuses to use programs that correct grammar or passive voice, etc. Writing is an organic activity and can't be overridden by digital technology or deep behavioural studies.

Best headline I ever read probably broke all the rules outlined here.

When Ike Turner, serial abuser of his wife Tina, died before her the New York Post ran this headline:

Digby_Adams

This has given me just the boost I need thank you. 

ologsinquito

Me too.

NateB11

Very helpful, thanks. I definitely could work on my titles.

dustytoes

In writing any article, this is the most difficult thing for me to do - come up with a headline.  It's tough to come up with an exciting headline when I'm writing about paper products.

I must change my titles 3 or 4 times at least before I settle on something.

This is helpful and I'll keep it in mind.

JoHarrington

Headlines are my biggest bug-bears, so this is very useful.

on 07/13/2014

I found this article very useful and employed some of its' suggestions.Laughing

Do what makes you happy- I write and create Hubpages
Loading ...
Error!