Create topic New topics

Forum

Tips, tricks, and suggestions

Wizzley Goals for 2012

lakeerieartists

I just published this post about Squidoo goals on Squidlog, and that made me think about Wizzley goals.  Wizzley is going to be a significant piece of my earning strategy in 2012, with a goal of adding at least 200 more articles.

What are your Wizzley goals for 2012?

Most of the information in the post about Squidoo will also apply to goals for Wizzley. Smile

Paula Atwell (aka lakeerieartists) is the owner of an online art gallery, Lake Erie Artists Gallery and a freelance writer
Jimmie

My short-term goal is 100 wizzes by Feb. 14, 2012. After that? I'm just not sure. I think once I see the results of that experiment I can better choose new goals.

I am not adding anything new to Squidoo, but I'm working on my Hubpages work. I'd like to get that up to 100 hubs in 2012. (I know that's not Wizzley, but it's hard for me to divide it up. I see it all as an organic thing, this content creation.)

Janet21

My goals for Wizzley are to try to make up for the loss of income I endured on Hubpages after Panda.   I realize that is a tall order for a new venture and I am not sure if I will be able to get there in a year, but we shall see.

Also, since amazon sales made on my Hubs will no longer be included with my own affiliate acct starting in January, I am hoping that my amazon sales on Wizzley will help me to keep the commission rate I currently have on my affiliate acct by making some sales.

As far as new pages go, I would like to have 50-75 pages on Wizzley by the end of next year.   I create pages slowly (I only have 146 on Squidoo and I have been there since '07!), so 50 is probably a more realistic number. ;)

pkmcr

I am working on my goals at the moment but I can certainly say that Wizzley will have a significant part to play in enabling me to achieve those goals

I have a three year rolling plan which I review on a quarterly basis with a major review during December/January so your question is a little early for me Embarassed

TerriRexson

I'll do a proper business plan over the Christmas break and early January. 

But, I'd like to bring my Wizzley earnings up to where my Squidoo earnings were this year - I'll be measuring progress against my Squidoo stats for this year. (That would make for a nice December 2012!) 

At the moment most of my earnings come from Amazon, I'd like to increase the percentage that comes from other vendors including Zazzle. While also increasing my Amazon sales. 

This year one of my goals was to learn how to make sales, which I achieved (always more to learn though.)

Next year I'd like to learn how to make money from adsense. I like learning new things. 

lakeerieartists

I would love to hear more about how you work a rolling plan for 3 years Paul. 

Janet, I am in the same boat with you.  I will say that I have seen some really good progress with sales on this site just in the last couple of months as I add content.  Amazon sales is one of them.  Had to recoup some of the Ebay from Squidoo during this year.

Darcie, I do not know what you are thanking me for.

It would be interested for all of us to compare notes a few months down the road as to which types of articles were more successful on which site.  Sounds like everyone has some good plans in order. 

Paula Atwell (aka lakeerieartists) is the owner of an online art gallery, Lake Erie Artists Gallery and a freelance writer
Kangaroo_Jase

Since I have just started on Wizzley, not to sure yet for my concrete goals for the site for the next 12 months.

But I may look at things like;

- Amazon sales pages.

- Ebay sales pages

- Informative articles with a link to an affiliate product.

- A 'salesy' information page with a call to action to one or two sales sites or affiliate links.

- Straight up articles and see what traffic thay bring.

Combinations of the above.

Use more than a single account for all of the above. I am also very open to suggestions and what you find works well for you and we can compare notes through the year.

Re-read the TOS of the site to make sure Im not being naughty and getting myself into trouble.

Success to you in 2012.

Digby_Adams

I'm just sort of writing on whim and whimsy on wizzley. It's one of the things that I love about sites like this. I just keep writing about what I feel like on any given day. Probably should develop a work plan or something. But I did that for HubPages and when things fell apart the plan was no use whatsoever.

lakeerieartists

Fair enough, Digby.  Your non plan is a plan of sorts.  Tongue out

Regi_B

Digby_Adams: 15. Dec 2011, 09:29

Probably should develop a work plan or something. But I did that for HubPages and when things fell apart the plan was no use whatsoever.

Ditto! OMG! DIT-TO!

Loading ...
Error!