Gas Saving Tips
Tips for saving money on car gas. Simple things you can do to cut down on your gas expenses.
Tips For Saving At The Gas Pump
Gas Saving Tips
- To reduce gas evaporation, buy gas when it's cooler during the day, like the early morning
- Buy your gas at wholesale clubs, such as Costco.
Watch Your Speed - Save Gas
To increase your gas mileage:
Tires Make A Difference
Plan and Combine Your Trips - Save Gas
Plan Your Trips With A TomTom From Amazon
|TomTom XXL 540M 5-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator ...|
More Gas Saving Tips
- Keep the windows closed when wind resiistance if a factor, such as driving on the highway. The increased drag can result in decrease feul economy.
- Use the air conditioner instead of rolling down the windows.
- Treat your car brakes as carefully as the accelerator.
- Coast as much as possible when approaching a stop. Avoid breaking suddenly.
- Coast when driving down hills.
- Avoid tailgating and using your brakes to continually correct your following distance.
- Keep your car engine well tuned.
- Change the oil as suggested by the car manual.
- Change the air filter when needed. A dirty air filter will rob the engine of power and efficiency.
- Purcase your motor oil in bulk. Buying anything in bulk usually results in a savings.
More gas saving tips...
- Avoid heavy loads.
- Purchase a fuel efficient vehicle.
- If you have a faulty gas cap, or no gas cap at all, replace it. Missing caps reduce your gas mileage and harms the environment.
- Don't let your car idle for long periods of time.
Gas Saving Tip
Remove The Junk From Your Trunk
That extra load you carry in your trunk is costing you money. Every additional 100 pounds in your car trunk can lower your gas mileage 2 percent!
Trunk Organizer From Amazon
|Highland Space Master Soft Sided Organizer|