Whether you are grilling or frying, we love juicy delicious burger recipes. We buy burgers by the sack full. We visit our local pubs and eateries in search of a great burger. Create your own world class burger with Gordon Ramsey's hamburger recipe introduced in an episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Enjoy Lela's Famous Burgers in your own kitchen.
Gordon Ramsey Hamburger Recipe - Lela's Famous Burger
Visit the ingredients to Gordon Ramsey Hamburger Recipe from Kitchen Nightmare TV Show. Chef Ramsey helps create the Lela Famous Burger recipe. Easy to make. Simple ingredients.
We Love our Burgers
People in the United States are fanatics when it comes to hamburgers. Fast food burgers are a billion dollar industry. Nearly every restaurant has burgers on the menu. Every self-respecting bar and grill features burgers on their menu. Grill masters (and weekend grillers) have their secret hamburger recipes. If you are looking for a seriously delicious burger, you must try Lela's Famous Burger recipe.
You will be surprised by how simple they are to make and how delicious they taste.
"Puts other burgers to shame!"
Lela's Famous Burger Recipe
Prep time 15 min - Total time 30 min
Ingredients for 4 servings
1 lbs of Ground Beef • 2 tbsp. of Honey Mustard • 1 tbsp. of Ketchup • 2 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce • 1 egg yolk • 1/2 cup of minced onions • 2 tbsp. of Cumin
Make thicker than normal patties and place on a cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help the burgers to firm up.
Cook the burgers for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. If done properly, the burger should not fall apart.
All Photos by Carl Dunn - © 2013
Notes about Ingredients
- The key to this recipe is Worcestershire sauce. For extra flavor add a bit more sauce.
- The quality of the ground beef will increase the taste of the burger. We like to use ground sirloin trimmed to a quarter inch.
- The finer you mince your onions, the more evenly the onions will mix.
- Trust the recipe. Resist the urge to add other spices.
- Cheese is optional. In fact, try the recipe without cheese. The burger tastes delicious all by itself.
- Ketchup appears to be a rather common ingredient. It does change the flavor.
Notes about Preparation
- Allowing the burgers to firm up in the freezer will keep the burger from falling apart during the cooking phase.
- Making your patties thicker will create a better tasting burger.
- Avoid the urge to flatten the burger with a spatula during the cooking phase.
- Cooking the burger on lower heat creates a more consistent, better tasting burger.
- Toasting the bun helps give the burger a better look.
Even if you have tried other hamburger recipes, you should try Lela's Famous Burgers. I was shocked by how good these burgers tasted. Follow this recipe and you will become a Master Burger Maker.
Check out the original Gordon Ramsey Hamburger Recipe here.