How Much Sleep Do We Need
How much sleep children and adults need.
How Much Sleep Does an Adult Need?
How Much Sleep Children Need
Is your child cranky thoughout the day? Are they having trouble waking up in the mornings or trouble falling asleep? If the answer is yes, they may need more sleep. How much sleep a child needs depends on the age of the child. A newborn needs more sleep than a schoolaged child.
Possible Side Effects From Lack Of Sleep
- Muscle pains
- Increased risk of heart disease
- Increased risk of high blood pressure
- Increase risk of diabetes
- Slowed healing
On average, how many hours do you sleep a night?
Tips For Falling Asleep Faster
- Avoid caffeine throughout the day.
- Avoid exercise 4 hours before sleep.
- Don't eat a heavy meal before sleep.
- Avoid long afternoon naps.
- Sleep with the light and TV off.
- Take a warm bath to relieve stress and calm you.
- Follow an evening routine by going to bed at the same time every night. Routines are good because they tell your body to it time to wind down and expect sleep soon.
- Don't smoke before bedtime. Nicotine is a stimulant.
Reduce your stress! One of the main causes of lack of sleep is stress, which can be caused by work family, financial matters and personal issues. Make a commitment to yourself to clear your mind of all worries and stress at least 1 hours before going to sleep. If start to think about your stress once you go to bed, think about something else to take your mind off it. Think about happy things or try counting, starting at 100 and going backwards. You will probably fall asleep before you reach number 1.