Headquartered in Belgrade, in north central Serbia, IVKO was founded as a small family business in 1986.
• Currently, IVKO sells about 70 percent (= about 30,000 pieces of clothing) of its production through European markets.
• Through love of pairing her own romantic apparel with IVKO sweaters, Montréal-based designer Katrin LeBlond (born 1975) became the first to import IVKO knits into Canada, making them available to fashionistas in Canada and the United States.
Each article of clothing produced by IVKO may be considered as a work of art:
• designed with imaginative artistry and fabric expertise,
• created from the finest materials, such as Italian cottons and merino wool, and
• assembled with care and concern for durable, fashionable wearability.
Colorful Jacquard patterns, produced on specifically designed knitting machines, capture the vibrant dance of floral and other motifs inspired by Serbia's exotic Slavic folk culture and recast in modern expressions.
Four designers are responsible for the fashion prestige of IVKO's designs:
• Tamara Jelačić,
• Ivana Najdanovic,
• Nataša Pavlovic, and
• Biljana Vuković.
Quality is evinced in all aspects of IVKO's product lines.