LG Infinia 55LW5600 LED Smart TV Review
Review of LG 55-Inch 3D LED Smart TV
Why the LG Infinia?
The last television set I bought was in the year 2000, and it was the old, bulky CRT (cathode ray tube) kind. Since then, I have seen all kinds of new LCD, LED, and 3D versions come out onto the market, and they seem to just keep outdoing one another. After 11 years of watching the CRT, I decided I needed to look into one of the newer models. 3D seems to be all the rage now, I decided to look into that.
Of the several brands available, I have had good results with LG products, so if you are researching or considering an LED TV or 3D TV, then read on!
LG Infinia 55 Product Features
The most obvious feature I notice is the smooth, crisp, clear picture that modern LED HDTVs (high definition televisions) have compared with the old CRT types. This particular model even includes 4 pairs of 3D glasses. There is a simple and user-friendly Smart TV interface lets you access unlimited movies, apps, videos, and other content.
The Infinia series has TruMotion 120Hz technology, which basically means you can watch fast action such as sports, action movies, and video games with virtually no motion blur. This smart TV also has full HD 1080p, for superior picture quality compared with standard HDTV. The 1080p refers to the number of vertical pixels (dots) on the TV screen. HDTV’s that are only 720p have fewer pixels and therefore lower picture resolution. In other words, not all HDTV’s have equal picture quality, although they do have superior pictures compared to CRT.
Maximize Your LG Smart TV 3D Experience
So how do you get the full spectrum of enjoyment from the 3D capability? Here is a checklist.
1. Obviously, your display needs to be 3D-ready, whether it is an HDTV, computer monitor, or projector.
2. You need a device to handle the incoming 3D content. For example, this could be a Playstation 3, a Blue Ray disc player, or a cable box with subscription to a 3D channel.
3. The actual content you are watching, such as a movie or sports event, has to be broadcast in 3D.
4. You will need 3D glasses for viewing. Fortunately, this particular model includes 4 of them, just like the kind in the movie theater. There are no batteries required, and so no issue of recharging.
5. High speed HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) cable to connect your display to your source. You need fast data transfer speeds for the whole system to run smoothly without slowing down or hanging.
6. Make sure all your digital devices are compatible. DLNA Certified devices work together. DLNA is the Digital Living Network Alliance, which certifies interoperability with other digital devices.
Additional LG 55LW5600 Features
1. If you have a WiFi network set up, then cut loose from the cables and wires.
2. The US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star qualified TV’s use 30% less power than standard sets. The average annual energy cost for TV’s in this category is $24-73, assuming 11 center per kilowatt-hour and 5 hours of use per day. I was so impressed to see that this LG Infinia has an annual estimated energy cost of only $14!
3. The Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the color conditions and lighting in the room.
What are Other Customers Saying?
In a survey, 4 out of 5 people chose the LG Cinema 3D over other brands. Here are some actual customer comments:
“I’m blown away…delivery was simple. Setup was simle.”
“Picture quality is awesome in 1080p…totally amazing.”
“Love this TV. Easy set up. Great price. Has everything we wanted.”
"It's awesome! Just like in the movies. It leaps out at you."
Not only does Amazon have the lowest price I found on this LG Infinia 55”, this unit shown below currently qualifies for:
1. TV Low Price Guarantee
2. Free Shipping
3. Free 30 Day TV Returns
Buy LG 55LW5600 3D LED Smart TV at Amazon
|LG Infinia 55LW5600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Four Pairs of 3...|
If you enjoy the depth, realism and entertainment of 3D at the theater, you'll love having it at home with LG Cinema 3D on the LW6500 TV. And it's not just 3D. It's crisp 3D on ...
Other LED TV's
|TCL 49S405 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model)|
TCL, one of the world's largest TV manufacturers in the world and America’s fastest growing TV brand, bring the latest in 4K technology and design. The S-Series 4K TCL Roku TV d...
|TCL 32S305 32-Inch 720p Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model)|
32-inch class HD Roku smart TV. Roku TV personalized home screen. Dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi. 3 HDMI inputs, analog video input, USB port, digital and analog audio output. Digital ...
|Led Strip Lights 6.56ft for 40-60in TV,Pangton Villa USB LED TV Backlight Kit with Remote - 16 Co...|
Item Model: 40-60" 24key remote Control led light strip Features: - Applications: Bias lighting for tv . - Color changeable: 16 colors and 4 play modes, dimmable. - Safety: UL,C...
|Samsung Electronics UN75MU6300 75-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)|
Samsung Electronics UN75MU6300FXZA 74.5" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017)Only $2799.99
|LG Electronics 49UJ6300 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)|
Ultra HD 4K colour and clarity are now within reach, in a range of popular screen size. The UJ6300 series offers premium features including LG Smart TV with webOS 3.5 and HDR Ac...Only $649.99