The name Charles Fred Lamont can be included on the list of immigrants who pursued and realized the American dream of fame, family, fortune, and friends.
• Some sources consider Charles a native Californian from San Francisco.
• But the Neva River’s shining pearl -- St. Petersburg -- instead gets to claim Charles as one of Russia’s many results-oriented native progeny.
The fact means that Charles leap-frogged through familiarity with Europe’s cinematographic precocity and opportunities in Hollywood’s nascent film industry.
• But it minimizes the real explanation for Charles’s lifetime, prolific directorial achievements.
The fact remains that Charles’s super-savvy insights include:
• Discovering Shirley Temple;
• Knowing that Shirley would hold her own with super-talented Mary Blackford, Junior Coghlan, and Thelma Hill.