With the tips provided in this article you can learn how to get started with both buying and selling on ebay and ensure that you have a positive experience. Learn what is important and how you can ensure that you can grow your business in the best way possible.
Quick Tips for Buying and Selling on eBay
quick tips for those who are first getting started trying to buy or sell on ebay. by learning some tricks, you can earn more money.
eBay is still one of the best places beginning sellers can get started making money online. Since it's conception in 1995 in San Jose, California, eBay now sees more than tens of millions of people flocks to it's pages. With millions of dollars in new and used merchandise being sold every day, who wouldn't be attracted to joining the ranks and making money themselves when looking to build an online business. But there are do's and dont's in the online world and in this article we will share with you some quick tips for buying and selling on eBay.
1. When you open your account, spend a few days to a month first buying some items. When you find something you like, contact the seller to ask some questions just to see how their customer service is. If they respond promptly to you and understand your needs, then this is a sign that they will be a good seller to deal with.
2. While eBay does it's best to keep track and stop any false purchases, there are the few that still gothrough so if you are buying or selling electronics, especially ones that are popular take caution and do not ship the item out until you have received payment into your paypal account. Both fraudulant buyers and sellers will ty to get items without paying and then disappear from the ebay scene before you can catch them and get your money back. This was very common a few years back and ebay implemented some strict security protocols so this would not happen much anymore. But it is best to use common sense when dealing with electronic money and people you have never met before.
3. Keep in mind when buying things from eBay that if you are purchasing something from another country then you may need to pay custom and border fees before the product will be released to you. You may want to find out how much it could be before you decide to buy something. I remember buying something from China that was a great price and when I went to sign for it, I was told I owed 3x as much for fees than the item cost me. This can be a problem if you do not have it in your budget. They will take the item back to the post office and you may never get your money back from the seller on ebay since the fees are your responsibility and not eBay's or the sellers.
4. If you are going to buy a product for a special holiday, be sure to buy 4-6 weeks in advance to ensure that you will get it in time. For ordering from places around the world, get into the habit of ordering up to 2 to 3 months ahead to be sure.
|eBay Business All-in-One For Dummies|
Everything you need to know to start and run a successful eBay business eBay now has 100 million active users and just keeps growing. And they have turned to For Dummies books a...
|eBay: Find All You Need To Sell on eBay and Build a Profitable Business From Scratch, Step-By-Ste...|
Launch Your Own Profitable eBay Business- Learn Everything You Need to Know to Get Started Today!Improved Edition: June 2017 Do you want to start an eBay business but don’t know...
|eBay For Dummies|
Your must-have guide to buying and selling on eBay Over 160 million buyers can't be wrong! That's how many people are buying on eBay, and that number only continues to grow. If ...
5. First time sellers can lose money trying to figure out the shipping prices. Find out from the post office how much something will cost to various parts of the world before you post your auction listing. If it is going to cost too much to ship across sea then don't offer that option. Most people do not want to pay a hefty shipping fee unless the product is hard to find or an awesome deal.
6. As a seller, always ship your item out no later than 2 or 3 days after you have recieved payment. Customers will leave bad feedback for those sellers who provide lousy customer service and make them wait weeks. As a buyer, you get to leave this feedback too. Try to be professional about the whole situation. If the seller did make you wait weeks or the item was broken or not as described, you can find a nice way to put that in a negative feedback comment without making them sound horrible because it is possible that they are just starting out selling too and still need to learn what works for packaging and shipping. If you read through some of their other feedbacks and they all sound bad, chances are, they just are not very good. If you are uncertain about how to word things, try spending some time going over negative comments left by others and see how they do it.
The more time you spend learning, watching and selling items on ebay, you will find quicker and easier ways to deal with things. Once you have learned where to get your products at a good wholesale rate,how to ship things efficiently and affordably and how to deal with the fees associated with listing, you will be well on your way to building up a profitable business buying and selling on eBay. For more quick tips and
advice for selling on ebay don't forget to read my post “Buying and Selling on eBay-Quick Tips for Beginners”