Bramall Hall closed for renovation from 1 Oct 2014 until summer 2016. It received funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the restoration has been meticulous to detail and sympathetic to Tudor and Victorian periods. Excellent improvements have been made to some of the rooms, architecture and structure of the building.
Bramall Hall is a Tudor manor in Bramhall, Stockport, and Cheshire. It is timber-framed and parts of the building date from the 14th century, with later additions from the 16th and 19th centuries. The house stands in 66 acres of parkland with lakes, woodland, and gardens.
Bramall was first described in the Domesday Book in 1086, when it was held by the de Massey family, supporters of William the Conqueror. From the late 14th century it passed to the Davenport family, who built the house, for about 500 years before selling the estate. The Hall and park were sold by a Freeholders Association to the Nevill family. In 1925 it was purchased by John Henry Davies, and then, in 1935, acquired by the local government authority for the area. It is now owned by Stockport Council.