Some call it the "cuddly stone" or the "love stone" and rose quartz certain has the ability to create peace and tranquility. We mostly 'use' it unconsciously by wearing rose quartz jewelry but if you are interested in learning more about this crystal and it's metaphysical properties, this is the place for you.
Rose Quartz Crystals and Rose Quartz Jewelry
Rose Quartz is a beautiful soft pink crystal and on here you can learn all about it as well as being able to view some pretty amazing rose quartz jewelry.
We call it rose quartz crystal but in fact the rose quartz in actual crystal formation is very rare, and then only tiny ones. Most rose quartz in rough form look just like a pink rock and the rock is polished or tumbled to produce gemstones. The internal structure is of course crystaline in nature. It is found in Brazil, Germany, Madagascar, India and a few places in the US.
Most rose quartz is relatively pale pink in color, indeed you can actually get some pieces that are transparent. Generally though, you should be aware that most rose quartz used in jewelry making is color enhanced.
Rough Rose Quartz
Time left: 8 hours, 22 minutes
Current bid: $17.00 Place bid
Tumbled Rose Quartz
Time left: 8 hours, 21 minutes
Current bid: $3.24 Place bid
Metaphysical properties of rose quartz
Rose quartz is one of the first stones anyone who is interested in the power of gems and crystals will buy and rightly so. This is probably the gentlest of crystals and appeals to most people not just for how pretty it is but also unconsciously how it makes them feel. It is often nicknames the loving stone and these are a few of their alleged properties:
- More than anything else, Rose Quartz is attuned to love - love of self and unconditional love of others. It opens the heart to compassion and understanding.
- It produces a vibrational energy that brings peace and calmness.
- It reduces negativity in thought and matter.
- Rose quartz can help heal emotional hurts. It will sooth and comfort and allow you time to release anger and guilt.
- In meditation and in crystal healing it works with all the chakra and the aura (the human subtle energy system) to bring the whole (mind, body and spirit) into harmony and balance. It is most associated with the upper chakra: the crown, the brow, the throat and the heart chakra.
- It is thought to help within relationships and has even been thought to increase fertility.
- Used as an elixir to bathe the face it is said to reduce wrinkles and keep the skin healthy. (note to self: try this!)
Rose Quartz Earrings
|Sterling Silver Marcasite and Rose Quartz Colored Glass Wire Earrings|
The Sterling Silver Marcasite and Rose-Quartz-Colored Glass Wire Earrings provide a flirty, girly look that's on trend for the season. The oval-shaped opening is studded with ma...
Popular Rose Quartz Jewelry
You can buy rose quartz jewelry in many forms: pendants and necklaces, earrings, rings, pins and brooches. All of them are beautiful but if you want to consciously use your jewelry as part of your healing then buy a pendant or earrings.
Crystals work best within a 3 foot or 36 inch radius. Wearing rose quartz in a pendant brings the vibrational energy into the mid-line or centre of your body. Energy travels along lines and through the subtle energy body - the chakra and the aura. Wearing it as a pendant facilitates it's work on the heart and throat chakra in particular but the energy will travel throughout the body.
Earrings are wonderful for transmitting energy. Since you wear one in each ear you effectively surround yourself with a circle of positive vibrational energy that extends out about 3 feet which is actually the same extend the aura reaches around you.
How to use Rose Quartz in Meditation
Crystals love to be touched and we get real pleasure from handling them. In fact carrying a touchstone or bead with you to hold and fondle isn't new and does help to relieve stress.
If you would like to use your rose quartz more consciously you might like to try this simple meditation. Don't worry if you don't seem to experience anything profound at first, learning meditation is an exercise, just like any exercise it takes practice. That say, the crystal will be working anyway, but if you are in a meditative state you can more consciously direct the energy should you want to do that.
You can use any piece of rose quartz you have even if it is in a piece of jewelry.
- Find a quiet space where you will not be disturbed. You can lie down but I prefer to sit upright on a chair with feet flat on the floor or ground. (meditating out of doors is a wonderful experience.)
- If you are lying down place your rose quartz in the middle of your chest. If you are sitting, hold in your cupped hands held loosely and comfortably in your lap.
- Close your eyes and take 3 really deep breaths, filling your lungs completely and emptying your lungs completely. As you breathe out, let your body relax, letting go of any tension particularly in your neck and shoulders.
- Breath normally, slowly breathing in and slowing breathing out just letting your body and mind settle.
- In your mind's eye see yourself sitting in your chair. Imagine you can see the pink of the crystal where you hold it.
- Imagine you can watch as the pink begins to glow and to produce a pale pink light.
- Let the pink grow, gradually increasing until you are sitting completely surrounded and encased in a warm pink light.
- Hold the image as long as you can breathing in the gentle pink light and feeling the warmth embrace you.
- When you are ready, take 3 deep breaths.
- Let yourself become aware of your physical body, feel your feet firmly on the ground and open you eyes.