There is no greater iconic fashions than those of the 1980's so take it from this 80's babe on how to dress the part and look legit. I will teach you the look, provide a line up of the trendiest looks from this decade and share the must have hair tips. The eighties are back baby, eighties stuff is everywhere, you might not realize it if you yourself are a product of the 80's but it's true, the 80's are trending. The 80's have become the hottest flashback from the past of this 21st century. It's no wonder, the 80's looks are fun, girly and free spirited. Anyone wearing these fashion trends is going to be feeling very and be the life of the party. I have a great collection of everything tubular any 80's chic would wear. So come on and get your eighties on with everything from how to dress, to how to get that big 80's hair and accessorizing it all on point. Soon you'll be looking like an original flash back from the past. Be warned, we 1980's chic's knew how to have a good time you might never want to go back.
The 80's Halloween Costume for Teen Girls and Women
The eighties are a hot trend now. Get your Iconic 80's fashions on rocking in this totally rad Halloween fashions. Be trendy and a flash back this Halloween Iconic fave. 1980's
How to Get 1980's Hair
80's Hair is Big and Blown OUT!
I personally have naturally curly red hair. During the 80's everyone had big hair, high bangs and outrageous earrings to accentuate the hair. Blue eyeliner was trending as well as purples, dark browns and tons of mascara.
The Steps to 1980's Big Hair
- Shampoo hair as normal, wrap in towel until it is no longer dripping wet.
- Apply super hold mouse, yes mouse, it must be airy.
- Allow hair to set for 5 to 10 minutes while you apply makeup.
- Scrunch hair from time to time while applying makeup and or getting dressed.
- Hang head upside down and scrunch hair several times until you feel the volume increase in your locks.
- Once hair is air dried about half way hang head upside down and blow dry on medium heat only near the scalp while scrunching.
- Once hair is completely dry shake hair around cooling it off.
- Hang head upside down again and mist lightly with firm holding spray.
- Keep head upside down until hair spray dries, scrunching hair until dry.
- Head upright now take a vent brush and near sides, just above the ear, gently pull hair out and away from head spraying this area with freeze spray holding brush in place until dry.
- Repeat this process on opposite side and in the bang area until achieving the desired effect.
80's Satin Bow Headband
Again With The HAIR
80's Hair is Vital
Aqua Net Hairspray
The Preferred Hair Spray of the 80's
80's Hair Bows
Hair was big in the 80's
Everyone's hair was big in the 80's. Big hair called for big bows, to balance things out! To get your own 80's hair style perfect for your Halloween costume party follow the directions below.
How to Style 80's Hair
- Wash Hair
- Apply Volume Jell or Mouse
- Blow Dry Hair Upside Down
- Rubbing Finger Tips Briskly All Over Scalp While Drying
- This Fluffs the Hair, Work in Some Scrunching
- Once Dry Spray Hair While Upside Down All Over and Scrunch
- Toss Head Upright and Wa La
You now have eighties hair.
Slouchy 80s Shirt
The shirts or tees of the eighties had huge necks.
These slouchy tees were designed to hang off one shoulder as illustrated above. Now pay attention to detail and get it right.
It's simple, allow the one side to hang down low enough and you will be comfortable with it and in no time at all forget the one side is hanging off balance. Check it out it is a rad look don't you think?
Get your leg warmer to the right, these come in the yellow you see here, lime green parakeet yellow, neon orange and the pink you see above. Your color choice really doesn't matter.
Don't Forget the Legwarmers
The 80s Fishnet Gloves
Cindy Lauper made these gloves hot. She really knew how to rock the eighties styles. Cindy Lauper along with Madonna made these fashion trends an 80s fashion staple.
Complete the 80's Costume
- Add the gloves mix and match the colors to your leg warmers
- Wear the entire outfit with a pair of dark black jeggings or skinny jeans.
- Wear a pair of converse tennis shoes or fun heels.
- Wear the 80's Jewelry and add Fun
Enjoy one of my favorite 80's videos and Have Fun this Halloween. Watch this video carefully to get fashion tips and style info straight from the 80's while you watch this flash back in time. See anything you notice friends wearing lately? It's all coming back just watch and see.
80's Fishnet Gloves
Get More 80's Fashion Tips Here
Dress Like Cyndi Lauper
How to Wear 80's Eye shadow
Check out Cyndi Laupers eye shadow above, she is wearing it perfect. We mostly wore a lot of black eyeliner both top and bottom. Eye shadow was worn in blues, browns,and coppers of varying shades all the way up to the brow. Darker shades were worn near the eye lashes and the shades got lighter and lighter working up and into the brow area.
Lip gloss was a big deal, bright shiny lips were everywhere. Many girls wore lipstick in coppers and pinks but topped it off with lots of gloss. You gotta take the gloss with you to apply over and over as it wears off.