Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin Recipe
How to cook homemade blueberry muffins from scratch using whole wheat flour and honey. These muffins are clean eating and full of nutrients.
Clean Eating Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Made From Scratch With Real Foods
Forget store bought muffins. It is not difficult to make homemade muffins, and the results are so worth the small effort. Blueberries are nutritional powerhouses. So add more to your diet with these decidedly healthy muffins.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins Ingredients
Recipe Makes One Dozen Regular Sized Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats, blended in food processor or blender until fine
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed (optional, but adds nutrition)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, plus additional butter for greasing the pan [or omit the applesauce and double the butter to 2/3 cup]
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey [OPTIONAL additional 1/2 cup sugar]
- zest from one lemon (approx. 1-2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind will do)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins Directions
Preheat oven to 375°.
Note about sweetness
These are not a very sweet muffin. For me, they are perfect. I don't like super-sweet baked goods. The tartness of the berries plus the lemon rind makes these only slightly sweet. If you have a sweet tooth, add the additional white sugar.
Get the Butter
The Muffins are Ready
Muffins Ready to Eat
Sweetening Your Muffins
What Do You Use?
Blueberries -- Fresh or Frozen?
Which are better for muffins?
Frozen are better.
Fresh is always best.
Make More Muffins
|750 Best Muffin Recipes: Everything from breakfast classi...|