- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of tomato
- 1-1/3 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
1. Whisk the oil, vinegar, pepper and salt in a bowl. Pour over tomato slices and allow to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Apply a light coating of oil to the cooking grate.
3. Combine ground beef, basil, tomato paste, garlic, Parmesan and pepper in a large bowl. Form into 4 patties.
4. Cook until burgers reach desired doneness. For well done, cook for around 5 minutes per side. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure the center reaches 160 degrees F.
5. Top each burger with mozarrella and allow to melt. Serve on buns with marinated tomato.