Create topic New topics

Forum

Help me, please!

Can you get this ASIN to work: B007GGAKLA

Mira

I'm working on my Thanksgiving page and am trying to link to flower bouquets on Amazon but the ASINs don't work for these flowers.

Here's one:

B007GGAKLA

It's for 100 Blooms of Peruvian Lilies (with FREE glass vase) - Flowers

Ragtimelil

works ok in the search bar.

Sometimes I've found that when I click on the "enter url" tab it doesn't take and stays on the search tab. I have to try it again.

Lana or LIl aka Ragtimelil RagtimeLil's Store on Weebly
Mira

Hi Lana,

Yes, it works in the search box on Amazon. But why doesn't it work on Wizzley? I tried both "search products" and "enter product number" in the Amazon module. Usually I enter this ASIN in the "enter product number" box and it works glitch-free.

Ragtimelil

I don't know what the answer is. I've had a few do that, but it usually means I missed a number when I copied and pasted it.

Lana or LIl aka Ragtimelil RagtimeLil's Store on Weebly
chefkeem

We just checked it out, and we have no idea why it doesn't work for these lilies. It sure works for other products. Frown

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
Mira

It  doesn't work for any flower bouquets, unfortunately. There must be something having to do with this category on Amazon. Maybe they've added it recently and used different ASIN numbers than the norm. Here's another one that doesn't work: B000BC0ZIY

Jerrico_Usher

if any other products work in wizzley then it's the page, amazon's side not wizzley- some products don't work but look in that products "suggested" section (people who bought this also liked this)... for a simular one or one by another seller- I've resolved some of mine this way- for some reason some sellers products just won't kick in... but there is usually several of any one product on amazon...

lou16

Not that it's much help to you, but I think it might be something to do with the product  as I had trouble adding fresh flowers to a Squidoo module earlier in the year too - maybe some internal Amazon coding issue.  

I did wonder if it was tied in to the schedule a delivery button as I managed to add a product that didn't have that button on it.   I'm making an assumption that the Wizzley and Squidoo modules may act in a similar way.

JoHarrington

I've had this happen a few times to me.  Sometimes if you close the Amazon page and then put the code into your module, it'll accept it.   Most of the time it won't.

But I have found a hack to make it happen.

Forget the code and switch to the other tab, the one which asks for search terms and should ordinarily be avoided like the plague.   Use the pull down menu to find the correct category, then search for precisely the name of the product.  If there's a seller name, shove that in too.

So if it's 'Polka Dot Tulips from Amserdam', copy and paste that exactly.  Don't even fix the typo on Amsterdam.

The preview should then list what you want it to.

That's how I got Amazon to actually display Kobo eReaders.  *smirk*

Mira

Thank you so much everyone for chipping in!

Jo: I did as you said and managed to find some flower bouquets -- not the ones I would have wanted, but close enough. :D Thank you!! And thank you Chef, Jerrico and Lou!

JoHarrington

Win!  I'm glad to hear it. :)

Loading ...
Error!