Create topic New topics

Forum

Newbies say "hi"

Hi people from Suite 101! :)

Paul

I've noticed a lot of newcomers from Suite 101 recently and I feel that as our community is one of Wizzley's greatest assets, there should be a place for all the people from Suite to say hello and introduce themselves to Wizzley.

We're a friendly bunch and are more than happy to answer any of your questions about writing for Wizzley and even though I've never been a member on Suite, I'm aware that it's different to what you're used to over there.

Welcome to Wizzley! Laughing

JoHarrington

Awww!  That's lovely of you.  :)

It's a little strange for me, as I'm on both sites.   It's like watching two halves of my extended family meeting each other for the first time; and knowing that they're all going to become one big family.  Like a wedding or something.

So yes all - welcome to Wizzley!  

chefkeem

Definitely. Great idea, Paul!  Smile

Always remember:

• The forum is where it's at.
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question.
  • Help is on the way.

Welcome all!  Smile

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
Paul

chefkeem: 02/18/2013 - 03:11 PM

I've had my fair share of attempts at challenging this point. Tongue Out

Paul

Using your real name is potentially for the best regarding situations like this as I believe it does, as you say, grow reputation. However, I'm a gamer and for the most part, we use aliases. People often gather an extremely large fanbase (even in excess of 1,000,000 subscribers on YouTube) and still never reveal their name. I believe the success is due to continuity. Smile

And also, here at Wizzley we've got a fair few members that are tech savvy (including myself Wink) and will happily help with any computer related issues!

chefkeem

Paul: 02/18/2013 - 03:21 PM

chefkeem: 02/18/2013 - 03:11 PM

I've had my fair share of attempts at challenging this point. Tongue Out

Smiley

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
nightowl
Admin

vafeather: 02/18/2013 - 03:43 PM

I am getting set to post my first wizzley.  I am glad there are some willing experts here!  First question:  I want to use my own name.  I hope I am growing somewhat of a reputation, and using some username doesn't do me any good.

Welcome to Wizzley, Feather. Don't forget to add your Google+ profile URL to your settings, and then add Wizzley to the sites you contribute to. This will ensure that Google will recognize your authorship of all your writings and build up your reputation.

SEO Praxis: Specializing in WordPress Hosting and Small Business Web Design.
on 02/18/2013

Woohoo. A thread just for us!

I like this!

*Feels all warm and snuggly*.

Happy to be here. I will post another article eventually, I promise, just not tonight, for any number of reasons.

WordChazer (who also answers to Paula) and has a blog as WordChazer and several guest blog spots under that alias, As Chef Keem says, sometimes that works.

Described by one of my clients as 'a literary grammarian', writing, researching and reading are requirements for sanity, at least this side of the keyboard.
Paul

Welcome Paula, I see your name derives from the best! Wink

I also checked your blog out (link for the lazy) and I love the Twitter client on a ZX Spectrum!

HollieT

Welcome all from Suite, you'll love it here. Cool

Jerrico_Usher

You mean Duuuuuude? not dud right? *smiles* Welcome aboard mate' I'd use a real name it lends more credibility and scree-names are so 90's ya know? 

vafeather: 02/18/2013 - 03:43 PM

since I am such a HUGE computer DUDDDDD!

Feather

BrookeVanBeek

Another Suite expat here! 

About using our own names, I didn't think that far ahead when I first created my Wizzley account--is there a way to change my user name?

And when I even get some time without small children clamouring for my attention, I am looking forward to actually getting down to some writing!

Cheers for the welcome,

Brooke

BrookeVanBeek

And what exactly is my Google+ URL? 

For someone who spends so much bloody time on a computer you'd think I would know this.  But I don't.  Help!

KathleenDuffy
on 02/19/2013

Thank you Paul and everyone for that lovely welcome.  It's daunting starting all over after four years on another site - but I'm ready to get stuck in!  Good luck to all the other Suitees who are here and the ones who will no doubt be here soon!   xx

Kathleen
Paul

brookevanb: 02/19/2013 - 01:12 AM

And what exactly is my Google+ URL? 

For someone who spends so much bloody time on a computer you'd think I would know this.  But I don't.  Help!

Here's a very tiny guide as to how to find your Google+ URL. I'm not sure about the name change though - I've not needed it, nor seen it happen, but who knows! However, there may be logistical issues with it. Frown

--

Kathleen - I'm sure you'll feel at home in no time and your previous experiences can only help you here at Wizzley. Smile

KathleenDuffy
on 02/19/2013

Oops!  I just clicked on an Amazon link I just created to test it....sorry...:(

Kathleen
KathleenDuffy
on 02/19/2013

Oh - I guess it doesn't count as long as I don't buy anything?   Just getting my head round this new concept....definitely mustn't click on Adsense though!

Kathleen
Paul

KathleenDuffy: 02/19/2013 - 06:43 AM

Oh - I guess it doesn't count as long as I don't buy anything?   Just getting my head round this new concept....definitely mustn't click on Adsense though!

I can't be sure, but I'd imagine you're correct in saying that it doesn't count so long as nothing's purchased as you don't benefit for just clicking the link to check to see if it's working. And yes, clicking Adsense is a big no-no! 

I'm not sure how it works at Suite, but here we use our own accounts, so even if something had gone wrong by clicking your links, it would've only (albeit still bad) been detrimental to you.

KathleenDuffy
on 02/19/2013

Oh, ok thanks Paul!   It's beginning to be clearer.  I guess you have much more control here which I like.  More room for personal creativity with the layout and ads, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Kathleen
katiem2

Welcome all Suite writers. Laughing

Re: Using Real Name - I use my real name as in katiem2 aka Katie McMurray. It's my brand and anyone looking for me knows to use this name as I stay consistent to both my brand name and image. My profile picture is the same I use all over the web. I think it's a good idea to be consistent and be seen as a real person.  It helps build credibility and brand yourself.

Katie McMurray
Loading ...
Error!