Create topic New topics

Forum

Newbies say "hi"

Hi people from Suite 101! :)

KathleenDuffy
on 02/20/2013

Hi Frances - Really lovely to see you here!!  I am settled in already!  Very friendly crowd and lots of choice with how to organise your material on here - and great forum help. 

WELCOME!!

Kathleen

Kathleen
JoHarrington

Hey Frances!

Good to see you've discovered the forums.  You'll get to meet everyone else here too.  I've been hanging out with them for a year and it's a great place to be.

:)

chefkeem

Welcome again, Frances!  Smile

We look forward to more of your outstanding work.

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
on 02/25/2013

Hello!

I am another recent refugee from the changes at Suite101! It is nice to see that we have found a place to come where we might actually get to write content and share it with people in a better fashion. I was rather taken aback by their sudden change in direction.  At any rate I hope to get to know some of you better as I write more articles and hang around the forums.

Cheers,

Karl

KathleenDuffy
on 02/25/2013

Hello Karl - Good to see you here.  I hope you settle in.  I am enjoying it here and finding everyone very helpful and quick to get back to you if you have a problem.  Good luck.

Regards - Kathleen

Kathleen
JoHarrington

Hiya Karl,

Welcome to Wizzley!   You'll find quite a few ex-pats over here now, and I'm confident that you'll soon settle into the community here too.   They're a good crowd.

yours

Jo

xxxxxx

chefkeem

Welcome to Wizzley, Karl!  Smile

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
on 02/25/2013

Thanks everyone! I hope to get right back into writing and sharing with people. I've already got something on the go again so I'm excited.

BAHelberg

Hi, Paula, and other Sweets! Ha!

Yes, I left Suite101 behind, as well. When the powers that be decide not to publish articles any more, for the benefit of the writing site, it gets iffy about what the worthiness of the site itself has become, and where would an article writer go from there?

So, I'm happy to discover Wizzley, a writing site where I can write my articles! And it's neat to find a special welcome for former Sweets!

I used to be the Horse Racing Feature Writer on Suite101, way back (beginning in 2007) when one had to apply for such a position, and before those spots were unceremoniously dumped a couple years ago. I left over 700 articles there! It's still unclear if they will let us take those efforts elsewhere.

So I'm here, starting over. Since 2007, I have written on several other sites: Helium, Yahoo Voices (formerly AssociatedContent), Bukisa, but I'm not very active on those right now. I also have been writing on Hubpages, which I like a lot.

I'm retired, and like some others here may have mentioned, Internet writing came of age when I was past the energy stage and youth of my life.

So, I relax and enjoy the art!

BA 

KathleenDuffy
on 03/01/2013

Hello BA - Great to have another Suitee over here.  I've come over too and been her about nine days - I really like the freedom here and the tools which makes writing so much more interesting. I'm learning something new every day.

I asked Suite to delete all my articles and to let me have them - they were fine about it and I was sent my articles by e-mail as a long word document.  I felt this was better than leaving them over there, even though I might have earned a bit of money still with them.  However, I didn't feel confident about leaving them on that site as everything is so up in the air.

You've worked hard on Suite!  I hope you'll like it here BA.

All the best - Kathleen

Kathleen
BAHelberg

KathleenDuffy --

Thanks for the welcome and that heads up on article deletion from Suite101. I might follow your lead, for I, too, am a bit leary that they will continue to keep my articles live there, that I might lose them altogether.

I always make copies of all my Internet writings, so I could easily begin to realign those articles elsewhere, except I'm getting old -- ha! -- and 700 plus articles is a lot to redo!  :)

Happy writing!

BAKiss

KathleenDuffy
on 03/02/2013

BAHelberg: 03/01/2013 - 11:54 PM

KathleenDuffy --

Thanks for the welcome and that heads up on article deletion from Suite101. I might follow your lead, for I, too, am a bit leary that they will continue to keep my articles live there, that I might lose them altogether.

I always make copies of all my Internet writings, so I could easily begin to realign those articles elsewhere, except I'm getting old -- ha! -- and 700 plus articles is a lot to redo!  :)

Happy writing!

BAKiss

700 is amazing BA!!    Phew, yes, might be worth making copies and leaving some on Suite as at least you'll still be making money.  Actually, it's hard to know what to do really - I just thought I'd bite the bullet and cut my losses.  Otherwise life's too complicated.  Like you, I'm maturing (Smile) so the less complications, the better!

Take care, Kathleen

Kathleen
JoHarrington

Hi BA,

Welcome to Wizzley!   You'll find it much calmer and steady here.   If I can help with anything, please do shout up.

yours

Jo

xxxxx

JudithG

Hi All,

I'm now Suite-less, finally, after sending an email to set me free. I'd been at Suite since 2009, wrote mostly travel pieces and rather enjoyed my casual, self-publishing stint. But with all the silly changes going on, there's no reason to stay. Can't remember how I heard about Wizzley but I'm thrilled to be on board.What a terrific interface to work with. Await an AdSense acceptance.  My fourth Wizzley article received an Editor's Choice award. That's quite a boost to keep going. Once I get back my 40 Suite articles back, I'll update and submit to Wizzley or put them to sleep. 

Judith

JoHarrington

Welcome to Wizzley, Judith!  And congrats on the Editor's Choice!

I think you're going to love it here.

on 03/11/2013

Wow, Judith, that's some going! An Editor's Choice after four articles, well done!

Welcome, we're human here, very much so. Chef talks straight and doesn't try to out-riddle the Joker, in my recent finding.

Jo Harrington is your official welcome committee, followed shortly after by several other long-standing Wizzley wonders. Look forward to catching up with what you've been up to lately.

Described by one of my clients as 'a literary grammarian', writing, researching and reading are requirements for sanity, at least this side of the keyboard.
KathleenDuffy
on 03/11/2013

Hello Judith - I'm from Suite too and was also there since 2009.  Congratulations on your Editor's Choice!!  I really like it here.  I think you will too.  There's more scope to be creative with the tools you can use to spice up your articles with photos, videos and ads, different colour backgrounds, etc.  Loads of fun! 

All the best for the future!

Kath

Kathleen
JudithG

Thank you Jo, WordChazer and Kathleen for the warm welcome. 

SteveRogerson

I moved over from Suite 101 over the weekend. Hello everyone.

Steve Rogerson
on 03/17/2013

Yayyyyy! This is getting like old times! Welcome Steve.

What did you think of the race?

My TV licence earned its keep this weekend with 2 hours of figure skating following up the F1 overdose.

Described by one of my clients as 'a literary grammarian', writing, researching and reading are requirements for sanity, at least this side of the keyboard.
Loading ...
Error!