Create topic New topics

Forum

Newbies say "hi"

Hi people from Suite 101! :)

frankbeswick

Hello, I have just signed on. I am on suite, but there is doubt about the future of the site and I need to ensure an outlet for my work.

frankbeswick
Paul

frankbeswick: 02/19/2013 - 09:06 AM

Hello, I have just signed on. I am on suite, but there is doubt about the future of the site and I need to ensure an outlet for my work.

Welcome to Wizzley, Frank. :)

frankbeswick

I am having a problem. When I registered Wizzley sent me a form to fill in my profile, but my computer froze while i was doing it and i lost the form. How do I fill in my profile, as I cannot see a way to do it on the site?

frankbeswick
chefkeem

Kathleen - clicking on your AdSense is a no-no because they're pay-per-click ads. The ad client pays you (or Wizzley) every time someone clicks on the ad. If you try to boost your income by clicking on the ads on your own page, Google knows this and may kick you out of the AdSense program.

However, you can click on Amazon ads as much as you want because they're not pay-per-click ads.

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
Paul

Frank - In the top right hand corner of your screen, you should see "frankbeswick". If you click this and select "Settings" from the dropdown box, you'll be taken to the page where you can edit your profile. Smile

chefkeem

Welcome to Wizzley, Frank!  Smile

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
cazort

I find it interesting that you have come from Suite101.  I have an interesting relationship to that site.  I liked publishing on it, and had published a small number of articles on it.  They were performing decently well, and I was earning a small amount of money.

Mysteriously, and with no notice, Suite101 deleted my account and all my articles.  I do not know exactly when they did this, but I think it was some time in 2012.  I suspect it happened when they launched the new Suite101 beta.  I had published my articles some time ago and was not publishing more on the site.

This disturbed me.  I had some unpaid money in my account, which Suite101 never paid me.  It was not a large amount of money, but I found this highly disturbing and unethical.

Furthermore, the company's contact form on their website is broken.  The phone number is out of the country (Canada) so I can't call it for free...it just hasn't been worth it for me to pursue.  It's the kind of thing though that if I had kept better records about, I would have threatened to take them to small claims court over.

Alex Zorach, editor of RateTea and co-founder of Why This Way
dustytoes

Welcome to all you Suite people...!  Cool

KathleenDuffy
on 02/19/2013

Chefkeem - thanks for that!  I'll be careful in future.

Kathleen
JoHarrington

frankbeswick: 02/19/2013 - 09:06 AM

Welcome to Wizzley, Frank!  I see that our Ancient History and Religious Studies categories are going to get a lovely boost with you on board. 

Shout up if I can help you with anything. :)

katiem2

Good to have you here Fran, Kathleen and all others adding to this thread before. Good to have you all  here, suites loss is our gain. Your going to be glad it happened and will be much more the better for it.

Katie McMurray
Jerrico_Usher

Sounds like a suite deal for wizzley (buahahahahahahaha) couldn't resist 

on 02/19/2013

Oh the problems I had with that photo, Paul! Hence why I blogged about it, as I really didn't want to be had as a plagiarist. (Bad news when my background includes article publishing, editing, writing, academic journals and such!)

And yes, I agree about the name! It describes me too, as I'm a tad on the short side, shall we say.

Really looking forward to writing here, this is so reminiscent of all the best of several sites for which I have written over the years.

Just need to get my head around all the monetization thing, and Jo's been really helpful in pointing out useful links to me, so I'm sure that will happen in coming weeks.

Described by one of my clients as 'a literary grammarian', writing, researching and reading are requirements for sanity, at least this side of the keyboard.
Paul

WordChazer: 02/19/2013 - 02:25 PM

Oh the problems I had with that photo, Paul! Hence why I blogged about it, as I really didn't want to be had as a plagiarist. (Bad news when my background includes article publishing, editing, writing, academic journals and such!)

And yes, I agree about the name! It describes me too, as I'm a tad on the short side, shall we say.

Really looking forward to writing here, this is so reminiscent of all the best of several sites for which I have written over the years.

Just need to get my head around all the monetization thing, and Jo's been really helpful in pointing out useful links to me, so I'm sure that will happen in coming weeks.

I can see why! And the name doesn't really suit me well, as I'm over 6ft. Frown

RupertTaylor

So, I'll join the growing list of the usual suspects from Suite 101. I already have three followers and I haven't posted anything yet.

Thanks for the welcome.

on 02/19/2013

RupertTaylor: 02/19/2013 - 03:07 PM

So, I'll join the growing list of the usual suspects from Suite 101. I already have three followers and I haven't posted anything yet.

Thanks for the welcome.

Rupert! Hallelujah! Woohoo! Welcome!

Make that four followers. As chefkeem said to me, 'your reputation precedes you'. Hurry up and write something already. I'm going to work on bringing over some of my very best work from the other site so you may recognise some of it but there is a new article about busting out and another one I was told about by my husband last night which I am working on but sworn to secrecy over, sorry.

Trust you'll find it as welcoming here as the rest of us have so far.

Described by one of my clients as 'a literary grammarian', writing, researching and reading are requirements for sanity, at least this side of the keyboard.
Paul

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome, Rupert! And your count's now 5!

JoHarrington

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm grinning my head off seeing you here.  Welcome to Wizzley!

I'm sure that you'll soon get to know everyone here too.  It's a great community.

chefkeem

Welcome to Wizzley, Rupert! It is great to have you with us.  Smile

FrancesSpiegel

So here I am at Wizzley - another ex-Suiteee.  I've been at Wizzley about one year but have not really posted much.  I plan to change that now.

Frances Spiegel
Loading ...
Error!