Get a Job in Raleigh, North Carolina
Here is a page I built to provide you with resources for getting a job in Raleigh, NC.
I grew up in Raleigh. It was a scenic, bustling capital city then -- and that remains true today. If you want a new job in Raleigh, I hope you will enjoy this page.
Reasons to Work in Raleigh
There is much to enjoy about a working life in Raleigh, like:
- Proximity to major universities.
- Great quality of life.
- A vibrant downtown area, full of nightlife opportunities.
- Plenty of local college teams, for the sports enthusiast.
- The potential for career advancement with a diverse range of employers.
If You Need Help Landing a Top-Notch Job in Raleigh...
Do not sell yourself short! Your dream job may be right around the next corner. Perhaps, this program can help you find it:
The Ultimate Find-a-Job-Fast System and Toolkit
Major Industries in the Raleigh Area
In and near Raleigh are three major universities, and the nearby Research Triangle Park -- a special commerce zone set up in the 1970s and still thriving today! As a result, there are a range of top industries with offices in and around Raleigh -- industries like:
- High tech.
(Being a state capital, Raleigh has plenty of government job possibilities, too.)
Top Raleigh Employers
According to The City of Raleigh Economic Development Program, top employers in Raleigh include:
- State of North Carolina
- Wake County Public Schools
- N.C. State University
- Rex Healthcare
- Progress Energy
- Wake County Government
- WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- City of Raleigh
- Allscripts Healthcare LLC
- News & Observer (Raleigh's newspaper company)
- First Citizens Bank
- Waste Industries
Recreation Industry Companies in and around Raleigh
If you like to play, and you would like recreation to be part of your career, there are opportunities in Raleigh and nearby. Consider the following:
- Raleigh Country Club
- Carolina Country Club
- Wil-Mar Golf Club
- William B. Umstead State Park
- Pullen Park
- Durant Nature Park
Professional Sports Teams:
- Carolina Hurricanes (NHL)
- Carolina RailHawks FC (NASL team in Cary)
- Carolina Mudcats (minor league baseball team in Zebulon)
- Durham Bulls (the famed minor league baseball team in Durham)
Locales Near Raleigh
Raleigh grew throughout the second-half of the 20th Century, and is a sprawling, but scenic city. If you want a totally laidback lifestyle, you will find it in the nearby suburban areas.
These areas include:
- Wake Forest
Local Colleges and Universities -- Raleigh, NC
An array of public and private institutions of higher learning enrich the economy of Raleigh and the surrounding area. Use this list as a reference for seeking employment at these schools, or to help you pursue further education:
- N.C. State University (my alma mater)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (nearby)
- Duke University (in nearby Durham)
- Shaw University
- Meredith College
- William Peace University
- Saint Augustine's
- North Carolina Central University (in nearby Durham)
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (in nearby Wake Forest)
- Wake Technical Community College
Local Hospitals -- Raleigh, NC
If you work in healthcare, the major employers in Raleigh for your field are RexHealthcare, and WakeMed Health & Hospitals. Both companies run large hospitals in Raleigh.
I sincerely want this resource to help you get your dream job in Raleigh. If there is anything you need related to this subject, please ask me.