Google Adsense offers web advertizing for web inventory.
Google Adwords monetizes ad property.
Keyword tool examines keyword search numbers and Adwords ad value.
Google Adword ads fill ad property, attract clicks & generate income.
The secret is to wrap Google Adsense, keyword tool and Google ads into a single package that maximizes visitor numbers, and generates maximum income for any web inventory.
Is that secret here?
Google Adsense, Keyword Tool And Google Ads
Google Adsense offers web adverts. Keyword tool examines keyword search numbers & Adwords ad value. Google ads fill ad inventory, get clicks & generate income. Put them together...
Google Adsense offers web advertizing for web inventory.
Google Adsense, Google Ads & Keyword Tool
Introduction to my little secret
In the Forums recently, MumInBusiness congratulated me on the visitor numbers I had received in my 6 weeks at Wizzley. She thought I must have some secret. I said it was no secret. But since I had not divulged how I achieve the numbers, it is a secret to that extent.
So I thought I would redress the situation, and let you all into a little secret: my secret formula for attracting visitors, and why I do it my way.
First of all though you must be made aware that I write mainly for Adsense from Google; add words researched with a keywordtool; and endeavour to attract the best paying keywords into my ad inventory. This formula stands me well for that monetizing medium.
I have placed this article under the sub-category 'keyword research'. I know many of you will switch off mentally at this point, 'cos you've heard it all before: long-tail keyword for a well paying adsense click. And I would go along with that, up to a point.
But at that point I swerve tangentially, or is it hyperbolically, due to it being a swerve? Matters not: I put my thinking cap on to see how I can maximize my potential earnings.
And I suppose, in a nutshell, that is my secret.
Find Keywords For Google Ads
Use Google ads keywords that give maximum benefit
I have some questions for you, so you will need your thinking cap on.
Place cap on head.
Why are you told to look for Google key words with long tails?
That's your thinking time up.
You need Google key words with long tails because you will have less competition, and therefore greater success, in achieving top rankings in search engine results pages. Right? And this is true.
But ....................................................thinking caps at the ready!,
it is equally true of short-tail keyword sequences, that have minimal competition.
You know, the ones that nobody goes after because there is either a major player sitting at the top of the pile and/or nobody has placed a bid for the keyword in Adwords.
And.....................................................still got that thinking cap on?,
If you look for the ones with the most monthly exact matches, together with the least competition, you end up with the possibility of high traffic numbers because, if you have done your SEO adequately, you could find yourself towards the top of the serps (just as you do with long-tails).
The difference is in the number of potential visitors.
I know, you've got your thinking cap on still.
You've thought: "but what's the use of having lots of people turning up at my article about something that nobody wants to bid for on Google Adwords?", and "I won't get any Adsense payout from that!".
I can't pull the wool over your eyes can I? Astute this lot is. They're on the ball, tonight.
And that is what the majority thinks, thankfully.
(mostly the conventional way)
Target Keywords For Visitor Numbers
Target high payout Google ads for maximum payout
I'm glad you asked those questions.
Reasons it doesn't matter!
And I'd like you to keep what I am going to tell you under your cap. Our little secret, right?
[You can take your cap off to give your brain a rest for a short while.]
It doesn't matter because:
- I am not targeting this keyword phrase or phrases for Adwords ads.
I am targeting them for visitor numbers.
- I am targeting it / them for the possibility of high position in serps.
- Whatever Adwords words / phrases you target, you will not get clicks for them, specifically.
Well not very often, anyway.
- Google will decide the ads it will show, and that is determined by many factors. All I concentrate on is getting as many people as possible to view whatever ads Google determines it will show.
- Because of Google 'searchassist', it is probable that searchers will curtail their typing of long-tail's. They will stop to view articles that pop into their consciousness as 'searchassist' throws them up as they type.
Targeting a short-tail with high numbers and low competition means that you could be placed in a better position for this to happen.
This also circumvents Google showing personalized results, to some extent.
- Google will throw up ads completely irrelevant to those targeted, due to the visitor search profile - see Google adchoices.
Free Trial SignUps
SEO & Social Monitoring Made Simple. SEOmoz PRO combines SEO management, social media monitoring, actionable recommendations, and so much more in one easy-to-use platform. Try it free for 30 days.
Target Value Ads Not Just Long Tail Keywords
Target Ads not just one Google ad
Replace cap. I'm afraid there is more thinking to be done!
If we are not targeting the first set of keywords for Adsense, what's the point of keyword research in the conventional sense?
There is no point doing it the way you have been taught. Or, at least, as you have thought the reason to be.
Targeting for Adsense income is a two part process in my book. You have seen that I target high visitor, low value ($0.00 is best), low competition (0% is best) short-tail keywords. That is part 1 of my process.
Part two is still NOT to target long-tails, or at least I am not interested in how long a tail is. It can be docked for all I care. It can be the shortest tail imaginable - a single word is OK with me.
Part two is split into Part 2a and Part 2b. I use Market Samurai as my keyword tool for SEO keyword search.
- Part 2a
is where I sort the results of keyword analysis results by Adsense value.
This I do twice - first for broad / daily and second for exact / monthly.
I note down all the keywords, long, short, tall, broad, I don't care.
I sort them by click value. I know, but it is a measure of how competitive a keyword is and therefore that I have a chance to hit the target more often.
I don't care what number of visitors the stats tell me.
- Part 2b
is where I sort the results by visitor numbers.
This time with a secondary sort criteria of Adsense click value.
Again twice for the same criteria as above.
I note the keywords that look to have the best earning potential.
Why do I do this?
- To get a list of the words and phrases that I am NOT going to target in the conventional sense (i.e. for serps).
- These keywords are to be incorporated into the summary, description and body of my article, to give Google every opportunity to determine that it should show ads that match these keywords.
- I honestly don't care if I rank for any of them. Everybody else can worry about where they rank for a high paying long tail keyword. I have more chance of having an ad shown that pays well, for a myriad of keywords, long and short, than they will.
- I am targeting Google ad placement not Google serps in my part 2 strategy.
Search Engine Optimization
How to do SEO.
Target SERPs for keywords with high visitor numbers, and Google ads that have high ad value.
- I target serps by choosing the keywords that others do not consider worth pursuing.
- I target Google ad placement with both high paying low visitor keywords, and high visitor medium to low paying keywords.
- This is my secret formula. Don't tell anyone.
And I use them as follows:
- The high numbers, low competition keywords I use in my URL and title. That is for serps ranking.
- They are also used in my summary, description and body according to SEO techniques.
- The highest paying keywords are incorporated into my summary, description and body.
It doesn't matter about SEO for these as they are purely for Google ad placement.
- The high numbers, medium Adsense value keywords, are incorporated into the description (as far as possible, the best payers first), and into the body text. No SEO needed.
- The remainder are woven into the fabric of the body text. No SEO.
- The SEO is all taken care of by having the related keywords throughout the article.
There you go. My secret is out.
This is only part of the secret.
You must undertake some promotional activity to give each the best chance to succeed.
And please don't go copying my formula ;),
everybody needs to come up with their own ways of doing things.