Celebrate Disney's new Monsters University Movie by creating this Easy and Simple nail design featuring Mike and Sully on your nails. It is perfect for the kids and of course adults too !!! Forget about paying high prices at the nail salon when it can be done by you right at home. So come along as I show you step by step how truly easy it is...
How to create a Mike and Sully Nail Design
Create this FUN Simple Mike and Sully Nail Design by following my easy step by step tutorial.
Creating this Mike and Sully Nail Design like I did in the photo above is easy to do. Having this design on your nails will definitely get you lots of compliments.
This is a great Nail Design for both the kids and adults - heck I am in my 40's (shhhh) and this is the design on my nails. Unfortunately my nails are short right now due to lots of gardening I have been doing, but that did not stop me from doing it.
You can create the same design in just 8 EASY steps and I am going to share those with you right here.
What you will need to create your Mike and Sully Nail Design
To create your Mike and Sully Nail design you will need the following:
Now these are all the nail colors I used you can use shades you have have on hand as well that are close.
- Blue Nail Polish - I used Sally Hansen Blue me Away for the base to create the color for Sully. I think it was the perfect match to his fur. But if you have a light blue shade in your nail collection already that will work as well.
- Lime Green Nail Polish - For my Mike nails I used Sinfulcolors Innocent which is a lime green color that matches Mike's coloring. If you have a lime green in your polish collection already then again that will work.
- Purple Nail Polish - To create Sully's spots I used Funky Fingers Purple (got that color at Five Below). You can use any purple polish you have. Even a lighter shade then I used would work as well, but I used what I had on hand.
- White Nail Polish - You will need some white nail polish to create Mike's Eye. I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails White. You can also use a White Nail Polish Pen if you have one of those for this as well.
- Turquoise Blue Nail Polish - I used a Turquoise blue nail polish to create the blue in Mike's Eye. I used another blue by Funky Fingers (from Five Below), but any bright blue color you have on hand will also work.
- Black Nail Polish - The Black nail polish is used to create Mike's pupil. I just used some black Halloween polish I had on hand - nothing special. And again if you have a black nail polish pen that will work for this as well.
- Nail Dotting Tools - I use these nail dotting tools to create the design on the nails - I used these to create Sully's spots as well as Mike's Eye. I love these tools and they have soo many fun uses.
- Clear Top/Base Coat - I always apply a clear base coat to my nails to make the polish I am putting on go on smoother and of course after I am all done with my design I finish it off with a nice clear top coat to make it shine!!
- Nail Polish Remover and Q-Tips for edge clean up
Now again all of these colors are what I used, but use what you may have on hand already. If you have Nail Polish Pens you can use those. I just prefer the Nail Dotting Tools to create my designs, but of course you also need a steady hand to use them. This design is so simple to create so just have fun!!!
Nail Polish and SuppliesAd
8 EASY steps to create a Mike and Sully Nail Design
Step 1: Apply a Clear Top Coat to your nails - this helps then come out looking so much better.
Step 2: Polish all your nails the Sully Blue except your ring finger which will be done in the Green for Mike.
Step 3: Polish your ring fingers using the Lime Green Nail Polish color for Mike.Let them dry.
Step 4: Using your Nail Dotting Tool and some of your Purple Nail Polish create random spots on your Sully Nails. Tip: I usually take some polish and place on a paper plate and dip my nail dotting tool into that.
Step 5: Using our White Nail Polish on your Mike nails create a big white circle for his big eyeball. Let dry completely before moving on.
Step 6: Using your Turquoise Nail Polish create a smaller circle in your big white circle in Mike's Eye. Let dry completely before moving on.
Step 7: Take your Black Nail Polish and create another circle on top of the blue circle to create a pupil in Mike's Eye. Let dry completely before moving on.
Step 8: Now for a special touch using your White Nail Polish again just make a tiny white dot to create a highlight in Mike's eye like shown in the photo. Let your nails dry completely. It may take a little while for Mike's Eye to dry since there are multiple layers. Once it is dry take your Clear Top Coat and finish them off and give them shine.
That is it - You are done!!! Come on how EASY is that? For extra fun you can add some sparkle polish.
So what do you think? Do you see a Mike and Sully Design on your nails in the near future?
Clean up those edges !!!
Once your nails have dried be sure to clean up around the edges. There is nothing worse than cool looking nails and polish all over your fingers. I always get polish all over my fingers when I do a design - I know It cleans up in the end - so no worries.
To help with clean up I love using these Nail Tees Q-Tips - they are similar to Q-Tips, but hand pointed ends. This makes it so much easier to get close to the sides of your nails without removing half your design. I cannot tell you how many times I have done that using a regular Q-Tip.
Another handy item - Nail Polish Remover Pump Dispensers with a push on the pump they will dispense the remover in small amounts and in the end save you from wasting a bunch.