Human beings make up their minds about other people in the first 15 to 30 seconds of meeting them. Whether you want to get a job or a date, appearance is important, what you wear is important. Of course, you do need to feel comfortable in what you are wearing, but remember that you are making a statement to the rest of the world whatever you wear. So if you want to say, “Femme Fatale,” don’t dress in the same that you would to go mountaineering.
No VPL - Tips to Look Stylish
A few style tips to help you look your good and feel comfortable in what you are wearing.
I was walking along the road behind a somewhat Rubenesque woman the other day. She was wearing extremely tight, patterned trousers, showing not so much as a VPL, as a detailed description of her underwear. Not a pretty sight!
I am certainly not the style police, but I picked up a few things when writing fashion articles; and, for me, there are some rules that should never, ever, be broken. Timelessly elegant women like Audrey Hepburn followed these rules instinctively, and most of what she wore would not look out of place today. Style is about As Ralph Lauren said, “Fashion is quickly over, style is forever.”
- Never, ever, ever show a VPL. It is not attractive, even on the slimmest person. (This applies equally to men and women, by the way.) Either wear thongs or boxers (yes, it is possible to get them for women).
- Never, ever, ever wear trousers that are too tight. Unless you are a super-model or stick insect, wearing trousers that are one size larger than your normal size will usually be more flattering.
- Unless you are wearing a print dress, stick to wearing no more than three colours at any one time. Look at naturally stylish women like Jennifer Anniston; you never see her going out looking like a court jester.
- Unless you have very good legs, do not wear mini skirts or micro shorts, whether they are in fashion or not.
5. If you are going to wear a low-cut top, fine. If you are going to wear a short skirt or shorts fine, but never both together.
6. Play to your strengths.We all have them. If you have a six-pack, you can afford to wear closer
fitting clothes. If you don’t know what your strengths are, stand naked in front of a full-length
mirror and objectively assess yourself.
7. Dress appropriately for you age. I'm not saying that once you hit age 40 you should start to
dress like a Victorian dowager, but our bodies change as we get older. Things that were once
very firm loosen up a bit. So think about what you wear and re-assess from time-to-time.
8. Look in the mirror before you leave the house. I have been guilty of this myself, dressing in
the dark so I didn’t wake my partner, only to find I was wearing one blue shoe and one black
9. Stick to classic shapes and cuts rather than going for blatantly fashionable outfits.
10.Stick to colours such as black, white (or off white), grey, navy blue, oatmeal and tan as your
main colours. Save your brighter shades for the accent colours.
11.Buy a few good quality pieces that can be worn with different items of clothing, maybe a jacket
or coat. Trust me, good quality pieces will last you a lot longer, and can make the rest of your
clothes look better. I particularly think that expensive shoes are a good buy - not only do they
last longer, but they are generally more comfortable.
12.Accessories can really change the look and feel of your outfit. You can make the same outfit
look different for day or night by changing the accessories. Accessories include jewellery,
scarves, belts, hats. Just remember rule number 3.
|Fashion Vintage Womens Small Bowtie Platform Pumps Ladies Sexy High Heeled Shoes, Red, 11 B(M) US|
These sweet and stylish platform high heels are a must have! The features include a nubuck faux leather upper with a round closed toe,cute bow with back zipper closure, breathab...
|Detachable Shoe Straps - to hold loose high heeled shoes Single Gold|
Do you have a pair of shoes which keep slipping off your feet? Do you fancy a new pair of shoes, more funky and stylish than the plain ones you have? Then look no further. These...
|Catwalk Clawz Anti Slip Shoe Pads Grip Material|
Catwalk Clawz are simply the world's best non-slip shoe pads for women's favorite fashion footwear! These ARE NOT some ordinary grip tape cut into a pattern. These stylish world...