Italian Pasta Salad, Turkey and Salad Wraps, Chicken Broccoli Bacon Croissants and Fresh Cilantro and Chicken Salad are my top four hot-day-dinners. Grab a plate and dig in, because you are sure to enjoy these tried and true recipes!
Some Of My Favorite Cold Meals
Looking for a cold dish on a hot day? Try some of these easy, refreshing recipes!
Italian Pasta Salad
A zangy dish loaded with pepperoni and cheese for a complete meal or the perfect side for your cookout.
- 1 lb garden rotini, boiled til al dente then rinsed in cold water until cooled.
- 1 small cucumber, diced.
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed mozzerella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 small red bell pepper, chipped
- 1 cup robust italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Drain your pasta VERY thoroughly then add the rest of the ingredients. If your pasta is undercooked then it will absorb most of the dressing and you may need to add more just before serving.
Makes 4 large servings or 8 side dish servings.
This is seriously the best cookout side dish in the world. In case you were wondering.
Turkey and Salad Wraps
- 2 whole wheat sandwich wraps
Mix together the following ingredients and spread on wraps
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Divide between the wraps
- 4 slices of deli turkey
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of garden salad of your choice.
- A sprinkling of parmesan cheese
See how easy that was? Wow. Yum. Makes 2 large wraps.
Chicken-Broccoli-Bacon Salad Croissants
Before I give you this recipe can I just say that I love eating sandwiches on croissants. The buttery tenderness makes anything from ham and cheese to grape and chicken salad just so much better.
Alright. I said it. Here's the recipe:
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped chicken breast
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups mayonaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
Mix it all together and pile it high on that flaky, savory, melt-in-your-mouth croissant and weep with joy.
And Finally - Chicken Cilantro Salad
The gorgeous flavor of fresh chopped cilantro is what makes this dish amazing. It is a complete meal with a slice of bread or a few tortilla chips.
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup canned corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup chopped chicken
- 5 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black papper
- 1 small avocado, sliced for garnish
It doesn't get much easier than this; put it all in a bowl and stir it up. Then eat it.
Then crawl on your knees and thank the Lord for inventing cucumbers and bacon.
Stay Cool, Love Life
I hope these recipes inspire you to keep your oven off and your table fresh!!