Cannon, W.F.; and Mudrey, Jr., M.G. 1981. "The Potential for Diamond-Bearing Kimberlite in Northern Michigan and Wisconsin." Geological Survey Circular 842:1-16. Washington, D.C.: Prepared in Cooperation with the Geological Survey Division, Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
Carol. 30 June 2009. "Famous Rubies: The DeLong Star Ruby." Collecting Vintage and contemporary Jewelry. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://collectingvintagejewelry.blogspot.com/2009/06/famous-rubies-delong-star-ruby.html
"Explore Old World Wisconsin." The Wisconsin Historical Society. Madison, WI. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://oldworldwisconsin.wisconsinhistory.org/Explore/ExploreOverview.aspx
Flasputnik. 4 March 2013. “Murph the Surf and The Eagle Diamond.” Wisconsinology. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://wisconsinology.blogspot.com/2013/03/murph-surf-and-eagle-diamond.html
“History of Eagle.” Eagle Historical Society: About Us. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://eaglehistoricalsociety.org/?page_id=277
The History of Waukesha County, Wisconsin: Containing an account of its settlement, growth, development and resources; an extensive and minute sketch of its cities, towns and villages--their improvements, industries, manufactories, churches, schools and societies; its war record, biographical sketches, portraits of prominent men and early settlers; the whole preceded by a history of Wisconsin, statistics of the state, and an abstract of its laws and Constitution and of the Constitution of the United States. Chicago IL: Western Publishing Company, MDCCCLXXX (1880).
- Available via Internet Archive at: https://archive.org/details/cu31924028871627
Hobbs, William Herbert. 1900. "Emigrant Diamonds in America." Appleton's Popular Science Monthly, Vol. LVI (November, 1899, to April, 1900): 73-83. New York: D. Appleton and Company.
- Available via Internet Archive at: http://archive.org/details/popularsciencemo561900newy
"Kettle Moraine State Forest -- Southern Unit." Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources: Topic > Parks > Wisconsin State Park System. Madison, WI. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/kms/
Koenen, K.H. 1956. Geophysical Studies in South Central Wisconsin. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin, unpub. MS thesis.
Kunz, G.F. 1892. Gems and Precious Stones of North America. New York, NY: The Scientific Publishing Co. (Reprinted by Dover Publications, New York, 1968).
Larif, Dr. Shihaan. 4 April 2008. "Midnight Star Sapphire." Internet Stones.com. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://jewelry-blog.internetstones.com/famous-gemstones/midnight-star-sapphire
Lattuca, Sam. 3 July 2013. "1964, Jewel Heist of the Century." Marion Illinois History Preservation: New Posts > All Marion Content . People > J to L. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://www.mihp.org/2013/07/1964-jewel-heist-of-the-century/
"The Midnight Star Ruby." Star Ruby.in. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://www.starruby.in/midnight-star-ruby.html
Miner, Roy Waldo. 1939. Exhibition Halls of the American Museum of Natural History. New York: American Museum of Natural History.
- Available via Internet Archive at: https://archive.org/details/generalguide39amer
Murphy, Jack Roland. 1989. Jewels for the Journey: Murf the Surf. Costa Mesa, CA: International Prison Ministry.
Olson, E.E. 1953. "History of Diamonds in Wisconsin." Gems and Gemology 7(9):284-285.
Paradise Springs Self-Guiding Nature Trail. Madison, WI: Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Bureau of Parks and Recreation, Kettle Moraine State Forest Southern Unit.
Peters, J.J.; and Pearson, C.L. 1990. "Clarence S. Bement, the Consummate Collector." Mineralogical Record 21:47-62.
Schaetzl, Randall. Diamonds? Michigan State University.
Sherwood, George Herbert; Frederic A. Lucas, and Roy Waldo Miner. 1945. General Guide to the Exhibition Halls of the American Museum of Natural History. Science Guide No. 118. Third edition. New York: American Museum of Natural History.
- Available via Internet Archive at: https://archive.org/details/generalguide45amer
Silvers, Amy. 9 November 1978. "When Eagle Pinned Hope on Diamonds." The
Milwaukee Journal. Milwaukee, WI.
Sinkankas, John. 1959. Gemstones of North America. Princeton, NJ: Van Nostrand.
Sommers, Fleury. 2014. "Contributions of Gemstone Connoisseur J.P. Morgan." Professional Pearl & Bead Stringing. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://fsommers.com/contributions-of-gemstone-connoisseur-j-p-morgan/
"Star of India." The American Museum of Natural History: Exhibitions > Permanent Exhibitions > Morgan Memorial Hall of Gems. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent-exhibitions/earth-and-planetary-sciences-halls/morgan-memorial-hall-of-gems/star-of-india
Susskind, Jonathan. 23 October 1986. "Board Grants Parole to 'Murph the Surf'." Sun Sentinel: Collections > Parole. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1986-10-23/news/8603040525_1_miami-beach-socialite-india-sapphire-parole
Tracy, Dan. 11 November 1986. "'Murph the Surf' Starts His Parole: Jewel Thief to Counsel Convicts at Halfway House as Lay Minister." Orlando Sentinel: Collections > Parole Commission. Orlando, FL. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1986-11-11/news/0270200216_1_parole-commission-murph-the-surf-murphy
Vierthaler, A.A. 1958. "Wisconsin Diamonds." Wisconsin Academy Review 5(2):53-55.
Wilson, Wendell E. 2014. "Clement S. Bement." The Mineralogical Record, Inc.: Biographical Archive. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Available at: http://www.minrec.org/labels.asp?colid=139
Wood v. Boynton. Supreme Court of Wisconsin, Decided October 13, 1885. 64 Wis. 265; 25 N.W. 42.
- Available at: law.wisc.edu/orientation/macaulay_orientation_wood_v_boynton.pdf