I love, love, love cheesecakes. In every possible form and flavour. I love the taste. I love the texture. I love every single thing about cheesecakes, apart from one annoying detail - they are usually pretty difficult and time consuming to make. Unless you know THE recipe for a quick, delicious, foolproof version. I know it. If you keep on reading, you will know it, too.
Chocolate, mascarpone cheese and coffee - you simply can't go wrong with such ingredients. Yummy results guaranteed!
Cheesecake or tiramisu?
This is where those two fabulous desserts meet and fall in love. Imagine a perfect marriage of chocolate, cheese, almonds, fluffy biscuit and coffee. You don't need to bake it, simply refrigerate. It is physically impossible to ruin. It doesn't require any cooking skills. And apart from refrigerating time, it's ready in 10 minutes. It's sweet and sticky and simply delicious.
Cheesecake - baked or chilled?
Which cheesecake is better?
So, what do you need for our cheesecake?
1. A packet or two of round, sponge biscuits (like those on the picture). You may be tempted to try the original tiramisu recipe Italian almond macaroons, but it doesn't work so well. Believe me, I tried!
2. A jar of nutella. 400 g does it.
3. Two boxes of mascarpone cheese. 400 g in total.
4. Some very strong, bitter coffee.
5. Almond flakes.
6. Booze (optional). It's for soaking the biscuit base. I think Southern Comfort works amazing here, but you can take your pick.
1. Pick your container. Any biggish baking tin would do. Anything plastic will do, too, because you won't be baking it.
2. Spread half of your biscuits on the bottom, forming a layer.
3. Soak biscuits in the mixture of coffee and alcohol.
4. Mix cheese and nutella, adding about half a cup of cold coffee.
5. Pour half of the cheese mixture on top of the biscuits.
6. Spread the rest of your biscuits forming another layer, soak again, pour out the rest of the cheese mixture on top.
7. Sprinkle with almond flakes. Generously!
8. Refrigerate for few hours. Overnight is a good idea, because you run no risk of staring at your fridge for half a day, salivating.
That's how easy it is! Serve with a big splash of whipped cream and allow the taste to sweep you off your feet.