Top 2011 Songs
Looking for the top songs and hits for 2011? This page has every one of the top 100 hits of 2011 as well as playlists and more!
Are you looking for all the Hot 100 no. 1 songs for 2011? Perhaps you want a list of the top 2011 albums? Or maybe you want a list of every single song that made it to the Billboard top 10 in 2011? Looking for a little trivia about some of your favorite artists of 2011? Below you will find all of this information and even links to where you can listen to the various songs and hear samples as well as see videos.
Please remember that this is an ongoing project until the end of 2011- check back for updates as the year goes on!
Sources: Wikipedia, Billboard.com, Guiness World Records 2011
List of Hot 100 No. 1 Singles
Top Songs 2011
The US Hot 100 no.1 singles have been dominated by women this year, with Katy Perry, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and Adele outselling their competition massively.
- Katy Perry: Firework
- Bruno Mars: Grenade
- Britney Spears: Hold it Against Me
- Whiz Kalifa: Black and Yellow
- Lady Gaga: Born This Way
- Katy Perry feat. Kanye West: E.T
- Rihanna feat. Britney Spears: S&M
- Adele: Rolling In The Deep
- Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer: Give Me Everything
- LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock: Party Rock Anthem
- Katy Perry: Last Friday Night (TGIF)
So far in 2011 female artist have held the no. 1 spot for more than 60% of the time. Adele "Rolling In The Deep" held the no. 1 spot the longest with a run of seven weeks from May 21st to July 2nd.
Do You Care If An Artist Can't Sing Live?
Best Selling Single 2011 so far:
Taylor Swift Record Book Entry
According to The Guiness Book Of World Records Taylor Swift entered the record book as the female artist with the most tracks simultaneously in the Hot 100 chart. As well as having eight different tracks simultaneously in the Top 100 she also had five songs simultaneously in the Top 30.
Top 2011 Albums
21 is the eagerly awaited sophomore album from British singer-songwriter Adele. It’s the follow up to Adele’s critically acclaimed, Grammy award winning debut album 19 (both ...Only $7.99
2010 release, the third album from the Country/Pop superstar. Speak Now is the follow-up to her multi-million-selling 2008 album, Fearless. The 21-year-old singer/songwriter ...Only $7.20
|Watch the Throne|
For this project, music icons and pop culture visionaries JAY-Z and Kanye West have joined their extraordinary talents to form the group `THE THRONE' and confirm the most ...Only $11.54
To some modern country artists, the words critics are using to describe Eric Church's third studio album may seem off-putting, but to the trailblazing mutineer and his equally ...Only $7.98
2011 from the R&B superstar. Inspired by a diverse range of influences, from Fela Kuti to Debarge to Adele, this fourth full length solo release is her most diverse yet. The ...Only $4.34
|Red River Blue|
Reigning CMA Male Vocalist of the Year, Blake Shelton will release his ninth album entitled, Red River Blue on July 12. Produced by multi-award winner, Scott Hendricks the ...Only $4.29
Top Albums of 2011 (US)
List of No.1 Albums From The US.
These albums are have all held the no. 1 spot on the albums chart sometime in 2011. Some albums such as Adele: 21 have been in and out of the no. 1 position several times, Adele has actually reached no.1 six times so far in 2011 with her album 21 dipping in and out of the top spot..
- Taylor Swift: Speak Now
- Cake: Showroom of Compassion
- The Decemberists: The King is dead
- Amos Lee: Mission Bell
- Nicki Minaj: Pink Friday
- Various Artists: NOW 37
- Justin Beiber: Never Say Never- The Remixes
- Adele: 21
- Chris Brown: F.A.M.E
- Britney Spears: Femme Fatale
- Foo Fighters: Wasting Light
- Lady Gaga: Born This Way
- Bad Meets Evil: Hell The Sequel
- Jill Scott: The Light Of The Sun
- Beyonce: 4
- Blake Shelton: Red River Blue
- Eric Church: Chief
- JayZ and Kanye West: Watch The Throne
So far this year Adele :21 is the best selling album. 21 has gone ten times platinum in the UK charts so far, having sold over 3 million copies. In the US 21 has spent more time at no. 1 this year than any album since the year 2000 and has as of August 2011 sold 2.9 million copies, and rising.
Top Songs Of All Time
Best selling singles of all time
White Christmas by Bing Crosby is the best selling single of all time, having sold in excess of 50 million copies according to the Guiness Book of Records. White Christmas has held this record for over 50 years.
The second best selling single of all time is the charity single Candle in the Wind/Something About The Way You Look Tonight by Elton John with 33 million sales.
2nd Best Selling Single Of All Time
Which Do You Prefer And Why?
Who do you think has the most talent?
All The Top 10 Billboard Entries For 2011
Updated Aug 23rd
- Pumped Up Kicks: Foster the People
- F**k You (Forget You): Cee Lo Green
- Grenade: Bruno Mars
- 6 Foot 7 Foot: Lil Wayne featuring Cory Gunz
- Black and Yellow: Wiz Khalifa
- Tonight (I'm Lovin' You): Enrique Iglesias featuring Ludacris and DJ Frank E
- Hold It Against Me: Britney Spears
- Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor): Pitbull featuring T-Pain
- Fuckin' Perfect: Pink
- Rocketeer: Far East Movement featuring Ryan Tedder
- I Need a Doctor: Dr. Dre featuring Eminem and Skylar Grey
- Born This Way: Lady Gaga
- S&M: Rihanna
- Never Say Never: Justin Bieber featuring Jaden Smith
- E.T: Katy Perry featuring Kanye West
- On the Floor: Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull
- Blow: Kesha
- Till the World Ends: Britney Spears
- Just Can't Get Enough: The Black Eyed Peas
- Loser Like Me: Glee cast
- Look at Me Now: Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes
- Down on Me: Jeremih featuring 50 Cent
- No Sleep: Wiz Khalifa
- Rolling in the Deep: Adele
- Judas: Lady Gaga
- The Lazy Song: Bruno Mars
- Just a Kiss: Lady Antebellum
- Give Me Everything: Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer
- The Edge of Glory: Lady Gaga
- Party Rock Anthem: LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
- The Show Goes On: Lupe Fiasco
- I'm on One: DJ Khaled featuring Drake, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne
- Dirt Road Anthem: Jason Aldean
- Super Bass: Nicki Minaj
- Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.): Katy Perry
- How to Love: Lil Wayne
- Moves Like Jagger: Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera
- Good Life: OneRepublic
- Tonight Tonight: Hot Chelle Rae
- Skyscraper: Demi Lovato
- Lighters: Bad Meets Evil featuring Bruno Mars
- I Wanna Go: Britney Spears
Top 2011 Songs For Weeks In Billboard Top 10
- Bruno Mars : Just the Way You Are
- Nelly: Just A Dream
- Rihanna: Only Girl (In The World)
- Trey SOngz Feat Nicki Minaj: Bottoms Up
- Pink: Raise Your Glass
- Keisha: We Are Who We Are
- Rihanna: What's My Name
- Katy Perry: Firework
- The Black Eyed Peas: The Time (Dirty Bit)
Katy Perry: Firework Video
Adele Quote On Weight
"I want to be on the cover of Rolling Stone or Q. I’m not a trend-setter. I’m a singer. I’d rather weigh a ton and make an amazing album than look like Nicole Richie and do a s**t album. My aim in life is to never be skinny.”
Best Selling Albums Of All Time
The best selling album of all time, outselling its closest rival by more than 100% is Thriller by Micheal Jackson. Thriller has sold over 110 million copies worldwide since its release in 1982, with AC/DCs's Back In Black coming in second with 49 million copies sold worldwide.
By contrast the Beatles Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band has sold only 32 million copies, and ranks behind artists such as the Eagles, Shania Twain and even the Backstreet Boys.
It is important to note however that these figures relate only to reported figures by record companies and are for sales of new albums. Resold and secondhand albums are not taken into consideration when calculating these figures.
Katy Perry Trivia
In 2001 Katy Perry released a self titled album of Christian Gospel Rock under the name Katy Hudson. The album was released two days before her seventeenth birthday by Red Hill Records.
Red Hill Records subsequently folded in late 2001 and the album was never further promoted or distributed. Katy went on to sign with Capitol Records in 2007.
Top Christmas Songs 2011!
Check back later in the year to find out this year's Top Christmas Songs. Will 2011 be the year when Bing Crosby's White Christmas is knocked off the bestselling single of all time spot...?