Writing For Money and Quality
Why you need to think of writing as both a mean to improve the quality of your writing, but also as a means to make money.
For the Love Of Writing
Writers love to write and love to show what they learn in the format of the written word. Like any artist they aim for quality and also for writing in terms of making enough money for a living. This is simple, and yet it is also complex. One must follow a set of rules.
There are many rules which must be followed and learned. There are those which are sometimes so hard and true and then they are not. Writers need to know all of these things. Writing is a changing beast.
We all love to write. If you write and publish a book you are an author, and you are a writer the moment you set pen to paper. This is the challenge of writing. There is another challenge that many writers do not think about when they write that first draft. There is only one word which defines writing.
Quality is needed to make money with writing, but it is also the cornerstone to the art and craft of writing.
What does writing with quality mean?
1) You care about what you are saying to your readers.
2) Your readers are exactly that—readers.
3) You continue and strive to improve on your writing.
4) You understand that there is no such thing as perfect but you are going to aim for that anyways.
5) Your final goal in writing is publishing. A definition of publishing is up to you but for the most part, writers will define publishing as publishing a book.
Links For You To Read
Why You Need Writing And Money For Your Business
How writing and money will improve your business and make you a happier writer.
Publishing a book: Then and Now
With the advent and rise of self-publishing and DIY programs there are a lot of new things to learn about when it comes to writing and publishing.
Making Money? Is That a Part of Writing?
Making money is a part of writing but it is not the reason that one needs to write. In fact, this is the reason to continue to write full-time or write, while working part-time.
Money with your writing means that while you will not be a millionaire you will see that there are more "perks." Quality comes first since without quality writing your work will be judged badly and this will affect your money making ability over time.
This is one of the hardest things to do as a writer, as it takes time and effort to improve your writing but also make a go at publishing. If you plan on self-publishing the challenge is knowing how much money you need for budget and how long it will take you to write, and edit your work.
In this case when you think about money think about self-publishing:
1) You never know when unexpected expenses will arise.
2) You must always do your research: When it comes to money or publishing your writing never assume that things will happen as quickly as you would like.
3) Spend only as much money as you have, and do not expect more money coming in. Publishing online really tells someone this story. You might make money with one article, only to have other ones bottom out and you are dealing with less money than you thought. The same goes with a self-published book. One success does not mean “always” a success.
Money is a part of writing and it is something you need to consider only, after you have quality writing.
Plan on Both Money and Writing
When you are writing, whatever you are writing and publishing plan on both. This means that you aim for quality articles or books, but you also market these things so that you do continue to grow and earn.
Your plan means that you will spend money on books, but it also means that you have to begin somewhere. That some "where" can be online. This might give you some extra change (money) until you do publish your first few books.
Never doubt for a moment your potential as a writer and a published author, but understand that you need quality writing to make money that you want.