Create topic New topics

Forum

Chatter away, friends!

Made over $1000 in amazon sales on Wizzley :)

spirituality

Someone splurged starting at one of my wizzles yesterday :) I feel a bit stupid bragging about it after what happened to Susan, but I thought you'd all like to know that I made over $80 in amazon commissions since the site started, most of which happened yesterday :)

I'm Spirituality aka Katinka Hesselink. Glimpses into my online marketing story :Marketing Spiritual - online marketing with integrity
Simon
Admin
on 07/29/2011

Wow! Congratulations! That's nice to hear :))

bev-owens

Very cool! Congrats Katinka!

Digby_Adams

Katinka that's fantastic inspiration for the rest of us. Thank you so much for sharing your success. These days it's nice to hear about someone doing well. Keeps us all working hard and hopeful.

petunia

Good news is wonderful, indeed, Katinka!!  and your success gives great hope to us all!  Time to get the Halloween and Christmas pages out here for sure!

Life is what happens while you are making other plans. http://life-after-60.com
tandemonimom

Oh, it's nice to be the portal for one of those splurges, isn't it? Once I had someone click thru a Squidoo lens of mine and end up purchasing a wide screen TV (not remotely what the lens was about). Never had anything like that happen since, but it was sure fun when it happened!

Carma aka tandemonimom
sheilamarie

Congratulations, Katinka! There is hope, then.

Read one of my books Sheila's Books
selecteddee

That's great news!  Congratulations.  Here's hoping for many more sales on Wizzley.

Jimmie

Woo hoo! Awesome news. (And I know that Susan would rejoice with you. She would not begrudge your success despite her recent tragedy.)

I've seen purchases that I assume are via Wizzley links because of the item. 

nightowl
Admin

We better rethink our revenue share model then... Tongue out

But seriously, that is very encouraging news. Congrats!

SEO Praxis: Specializing in WordPress Hosting and Small Business Web Design.
spirituality

nightowl: 29. Jul 2011, 21:06

We better rethink our revenue share model then... Tongue out

But seriously, that is very encouraging news. Congrats!

;) Seriously - it might have happened the other way around, I'd never know. That is, actually, from a publisher's perspective, one of the downsides to this model, that we only get to see half the sales. On Squidoo I get to see all the sales, which helps me optimize my lenses FOR sales. And of course the platform gets half of ALL the sales, instead of the revenue off half the impressions (not quite the same thing, though I'm sure it averages out, especially once the platform gets more traffic). 

But to an extent this was certainly a random fluke: wizzley is suddenly the channel that made me most over the past month (on my own account that is - I have sold WAY more on squidoo itself through their revenue sharing system). It isn't likely to be my best performing channel for the whole year. One of my own blogs and squidoo are likely to be that.

BTW @Jimmie: do set up channels within amazon for each site you use them on (hubpages, wizzley, squidoo, each of your own sites) - and then make sure that channel is used ON each site respectively (in place of your general amazon id). That way you get to see at which site (if not which page) a particular sale is made. It's the primary way to optimize for sales: knowing on which site you sold something. I wish it was page specific, but that's limited to Squidoo, unfortunately. 

I'm Spirituality aka Katinka Hesselink. Glimpses into my online marketing story :Marketing Spiritual - online marketing with integrity
mandeesears

Congratulation Katinka!

Lovin' Wizzley! Come see my newest Wizz at Patio Decorating Ideas | Color Schemes.
lou16

That's awesome Katinka, let's hope we all start to see more spending sprees on our articles as we head closer to what I call the buying season :)

AJ

So pleased for you Katinka - and yes, these days I create new IDs on Amazon for each lens/wizz that I create so I can see where the sales are coming from.

happynutritionist

That's great!  I am just starting with Wizzley mostly to get links back to other sites, but sales would be nice too.  Encouraging!  I see a lot of people here that I know.  Fun!  Still figuring things out and learning about fans. 

Claudia L. Meydrech a/k/a happynutritionist
TerriRexson

That's brilliant Katinka. Thanks for sharing your news. I'm seeing sales from Wizzley, but nothing like that!

TilenHrovatic

this is a great news to us all! Congrats! :)

Never give up! Sell Photos Online
spirituality

A new ID for every lens / wizzle you create? wow - I don't go that far. I just have one for every SITE I use amazon on.

And guess what? Over this month Wizzley is outperforming hubpages :)

wrylilt

AJ how do you create a new ID for each Wizz? I thoght we could only input one tracking ID?

on 09/20/2011

With the exception of my main blog, Wizzley is passing up all other online endeavors, including Adsense revenue...and the traffic is neck and neck with my blog...definitely a great place to write for so many reasons...never expected to see such awesome results in the one month I've been here. Thanks, Wizzley!

In 2009 we sold everything and hit the road! Follow us on our blog at Cheap RV Living
Loading ...
Error!