Have you ever awaken from a good nights sleep only to be disappointed by puffy eyes? It can be a real deal breaker; you wake up feeling rested until you glance in the mirror only to be shocked by what you see. Relax, it happens to everybody, young and old alike, this in not an indicator that you’re looking or getting old. It’s a perfectly natural physical response to the environment. You may be suffering from allergies or a bit dehydrated. A quick fix to eliminate the swelling is as easy as pouring yourself a cup of coffee or tea. In fact even if you don't drink coffee it may become a part of your morning ritual to rid yourself of swollen puffy eyes. Follow along as I share with you the fastest and easiest ways to get rid of puffy eyes.
How to Get Rid of and Prevent Puffy Eyes
Learn the easy home remedies for puffy eyes. Get rid of puffy eyes quick with simple ingredients you have at home.
Get Rid of Bags Under Your Eyes
Using a simple bag of frozen peas is a fast and simple cure for swollen puffy eyes.
How to Avoid Puffy Eyes
- Applying something cold shrinks swelling quick.
- Have a bag of frozen peas or corn on hand in the freezer for the times when you need a quick fix before work.
- Lay a clean towel over your face placing the bag of frozen veggies on gently allowing the peas to fall into place filling up the eye area.
- Lay back and relax for a few minutes both contemplating the day ahead and getting rid of puffy eyes.
The calming cool of the frozen peas reduces swelling calms the tissue and gets rid of puffy eyes in a snap.
Get Rid of Puffy Eyes with Coffee
Caffeine works on the blood vessels reducing swelling causing puffy swollen eyes.
Both coffee and tea contains caffeine which constricts blood vessels both reducing swelling and redness. This is a great way to reduce puffiness of the eyes. Follow this simple home remedy to get amazing results.
How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
You can also store moist coffee pods or bags in the fridge for an extra jolt and perky alert eyes resting them on your relaxed eyes. The cold reduces swelling while the caffeine continues the added benefits penetrating the skin.
You can get quick comfort and amazing results in no time, while your coffee brews in fact. After you've chilled the swelling away apply an anti-inflammatory cream or gel containing caffeine.
Note: While creams containing caffeine work you may be of the mind to save money and get similar quick benefits by taking advantage of the coffee pod method. Lets compare the price and offer you a choice. Look to the right for comparisons.
Prevent Puffy Under Eye Lids
Preventing puffy eyes is simple once you know the culprits causing puffy swollen eyes.
There are several things we do on a regular basis that cause swollen puffy eyes and dark circles. Once your cut out the culprits causing your eyes to look bad you can easily prevent puffy eyes on a regular basis. For the times when you don't get enough rest of have a bad night fall back on the stand by tips and tricks for getting rid of puffy eyes.
- I'm a long time sufferer of a few to many allergies and forgetting my allergy meds has me waking to puffy eyes. If you too are an allergy sufferer an antihistamine could rid the morning bags once and for all.
- Drink a glass of water before bed time every night as dehydration reeks havoc on your eye beauty, causing dark circles and puffiness of the under eye area.
- Apply cold tea bags as once again the caffeine in the tea constricts blood vessels to eliminate redness. Tea also contains tannic acid which tightens the skin.
- Chilled cucumbers soothe and relax tired eyes.
- Apply a good moisturizer at bedtime before or after you drink your water. When you go to bed at night prop your head up with a good pillow, this prevents fluid from pooling under your eyes.
Not only can you remove the puffy eye ritual from your routine you can also naturally prevent. reduce and eliminate wrinkles from around and near the eye area with easy and simple face yoga.
I love Yoga Face, it's fun and you can make the faces your mother told you not to, only these faces will make your face look tons better.