Are you wondering if you should buy commercial baby food or make your own? Are you on a budget and hoping to save some money? Why not make your own baby food? It is simple and will only benefit your baby because you will know exactly what is in her food. It is quick, don't think you will be spending loads of time preparing your baby's food. Small portions satisfy their small tummies. Commercial baby foods can contain preservatives, salt, and sugar that your baby does not need. By making your own baby food, you will ensure that your baby's diet only contains the best. Baby purees contain a high level of water, why not make your baby food with breast milk for added nutrition? The added breast milk will make the food more irresistible to your baby who is familiar with its smell. It is quick and simple, and will bring you peace of mind knowing what is going into your baby's body.
How to Make Homemade Baby Food
Is your baby ready to eat solids? How can you make your own baby food?
What Do You Need to Make Baby Food?
It will take you no time at all to prepare your own baby food. Your baby will be able to enjoy a delicious meal that is nutritious as well.
You will need:
- pot for cooking food
- Ingredients - fruit, vegetables, or meat
- A blender, food processor, or food mill
- food storage containers or ice cube trays
- freezer bags or container
Baby Food Mill
Easy to use and requires small amount of food
|green sprouts Fresh Baby Food Mill | Easily purees food f...|
Steps to Making Your Own Baby Food
So now that you have everything on hand, what do you do first. Make sure that you are choosing quality ingredients. This is the first time your baby will be trying these foods, we want to make sure she will like it.
- Wash and peel fruit or vegetables
- Boil or steam fruit or vegetables, boil meat
- Puree food with the blender, and add either cooking water (if boiled), water, or breast milk to puree to get a smooth consistency. If you have an older baby (7-8 months), a lumpy consistency would be fine.
- Place puree into the storage containers or ice cube trays and freeze
- Once it is frozen, take it out of the ice cube trays and place it into the freezer bag/containers
- Label it with the name of the food and date
If you don't have any storage containers for your baby food, you can place drops of the food onto a cookie sheet, and then freeze it, and then transfer to freezer bags.
Some people prefer to dilute the puree and then freeze it, or you can freeze the puree and then dilute it to the desired consistency once you are ready to feed the baby, it is up to you.
Baby food storage
|Glass Baby Food Storage Containers | Set of 12 | 4 oz Gla...|
|OXO Tot Baby Blocks Food Storage Containers, Teal, 2 Ounce|