Lord Of The Rings LEGO - Shelob Attacks
The Shelob Attacks Lord of the Rings LEGO set comes with an awesome Gollum mini figure, Frodo Baggins & Samwise Gamgee as well as a formidable Shelob spider to build.
The Shelob Attacks Lord of the Rings LEGO set was one of seven sets released in May 2012 in this theme. The set includes a cool Gollum mini figure, which is exclusive to this set and will be sought-after by collectors as well as the two companions, Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee plus an awesome Shelob Spider to construct.
Here I will show you the three mini figures contained in this pack and point out their good and bad features as well as highlight the Shelob spider with spider's silk.
Enjoy taking a look at this Lord of the Rings LEGO set and please leave any comments you wish to make at the end.
New in 2012: LEGO The Lord Of The Rings Shelob Attacks 9470
The Lord of the Rings LEGO Shelob Attacks set is designed for fans to recreate the scene where Gollum betrays Frodo and Sam to the giant spider Shelob. This is a nice little set at a good price but most fans will want to buy it for the Gollum and Sam mini figures which are exclusive to this set at the time of release. The Ring and Light of Ëarendil are also nice additions to this set.
Buy LEGO Lord Of The Rings Shelob Attacks 9470 on Amazon.com
This is one of the least expensive sets in the Lord of the Rings LEGO theme and getting it is currently the only way of completing the Fellowship of the Ring with Samwise Gamgee.
Lord Of The Rings LEGO - Shelob Attacks Details
- Pieces: 227
- Age: 8-14
- Lego No: 9470
- Minifigs: Gollum, Frodo Baggins, Samwise Gamgee
- Year: 2012
- Theme: The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King
The Lego Minifigures
• Gollum mini figure is exclusive to this set on release in 2012.
• Face and head printing gives Gollum an authentic look with snarling mouth, wide eyes and wisps of hair.
• Moving arms for grabbing his "precious" and fish.
• Hunched appearance.
• First ever Gollum LEGO mini figure - it's so cool!
What's Not Cool
• Gollum's legs do not move.
• Comes armed with Sting and bearing the One Ring to Rule Them All.
• Cool Hobbit hair.
• Nice body printing and cape recreate accurately Frodo's clothing.
• Short Hobbit stature makes him shorter than Elves, Orcs, Uruk-hai and Men.
• Double-sided face printing gives Frodo a heroic look and a stung look.
What's Not Cool
• The same as the Frodo Baggins in the Attack on Weathertop set.
• The Sam minifigure is exclusive to this set on release in 2012.
• Detailed body printing gives Sam a cool look and includes his pouch which contains Lembas bread.
• Cool Hobbit hair piece.
• Grey cape completes Sam's outfit.
• Comes armed with Light of Ëarendil and short sword.
• Double-sided face printing gives Sam an angry and scared expression.
What's Not Cool
• Short legs cannot be moved. This is in common with all mini figures that use short leg pieces.
It would appear that most Shelob Attacks sets come with not one but at least three pieces that represent the "One Ring to Rule Them All" as well as a few other extra pieces.
The video review below shows the Shelob Attacks Lord of the Rings LEGO set in close up, including the mini figures and comments on the pricing and quality of the set.
Gollum leads the Hobbits, Frodo and Sam through a maze of caverns into the lair of the giant female spider, Shelob, so that he can steal the One Ring to Rule Them All from Frodo's corpse. But, Sam, armed with Sting and the Light of Ëarendil, is there to kill Shelob and save Frodo from his fate.
LEGO Shelob The Spider
Shelob is a tricky and slightly fiddly item to construct but looks really cool when completed with eight moving legs, a moving abdomen with spider silk for capturing victims and grabbing jaws.
The eight legs use LEGO technic parts to make it stable when finished and so that it can be put into a variety of poses without it falling over.
The combination of black and dark brown pieces really make Shelob look like a spider and the printed eye bricks with one damaged eye are a really nice touch.
All-in-all this is an excellent model which has a quite high level of playability but does not fit in well with other Lord of the Rings sets and it is a shame that this LEGO Shelob does not have a stinger.
Lord Of The Rings LEGO - Shelob Attacks Poll
Lord of the Rings LEGO
What do you think of the Shelob Attacks Lord of the Rings LEGO set?
The scene in which Gollum leads Frodo and Sam into the lair of Shelob is featured in the book of "The Two Towers" but in the movie of "The Return of the KIng". The scene is where Sam really grows into a hero, first fighting off Gollum and then Shelob the giant spider who has already stung and paralysed Frodo. Sam manages to fight off Shelob but believes that he is too late to save Frodo so he becomes the Ring Bearer.
Watch the Shelob Attacks scene from the movie on the left.
Fellowship Of the Ring LEGO Sets
Disclosure: This page generates income for authors based on affiliate relationships with our partners, including Amazon, Google and others.