National Geographic Photography
We grow up with National Geographic. Do you know that AllPosters, have an entire collection "National Geographic Photography" Posters ready for you to print, enjoy, educate kids.
National Geographic Poster Collection
Very educational indeed!
I grew up with National Geographic. As an adult I continue to love NG, educate myself with it, admire the quality of National Geographic Photography, on the spot reports, and the great talent of their reporters... sometime they put themselves in danger just to give us an accurate image or event.
I find out about world places I don't know that even exist, I learn a lot about people, global problems, poverty, innovations, arts and artists... it is a long list but in a nut shell...
National Geographic is oriented toward humanity in general: people life, education, makes our life better, and this is why it is so educative and precious.
The NG Magasine contains articles about geography, world history, culture, popular science, current events and photography of places and things all over the world.
It was a great surprise for me to discover that AllPosters has a category "National Geographic Collection".
I give you some examples here to make my point.
National Geographic History
The National Geographic Society started on January, 1888 as a club of academics and wealthy people interested in travel. The aim was to increase and distribute the geographical knowledge by promoting the conservation of the worlds cultural, historical, and natural resources.
In the picture you see the building of National Geographic in Washington DC.
Since then this Society increase in scope:
- It published a NG Magasine in the same year
- It helped sponsor many expeditions and research projects over the years
- Programs by the National Geographic Society and NG television specials are broadcast on television
- Awards -The Hubbard Medal is awarded by the NG Society for distinction in exploration, discovery, and research
The National Geographic Magazine:
- It was published its first issue in October 1888
- Since then it has had 12 monthly issues per year, plus on rare occasions, special issues of the magazine are created
- It is currently published in 32 language editions
- It has more than fifty million readers monthly
The AllPosters Subcategory for National Geographic
You can find all sub-categories on this link:
National Geographic Collection
You can find more then 14,000 items on the following sub-category:
- Floral / Botanical
- Food / Beverage
- Best of National Geographic
- National Geographic Favorites
- and more...
The benefit of having National Geographic Posters:
- We can educate our kids decorating their room with them
- Home schooling moms can use them on learning process
- Teachers can post then in class rooms
- Helps educate ourselves for special traveling
- Helps learn geography and history
- Use them as Art decorations at home, offices, and schools
- The quality of pictures are the best possible
- and more...
The learning never stops for both kids and adults with National Geographic articles, pictures, maps, posters; they are very useful tools.
My grandson has a huge map on his wall.
You might also likeClaremont, CA Mixed Media Open Studio Art Instructions
Come to the mosaic or art studio and learn many techniques to keep you creati...How to Explain Impressionism to Children
Ideas for explaining Impressionism to children.Foam Dots Frog Pointillism Activity for Kids
Pointillism can be created with media other than paint. Come find out about a...
Endless Possibiities with over 14,000 Posters
Thanks you so much. National Geographic always produce high quality...
These are gorgeous photos. Brilliant!
Yes this is what I like about them, the quality of pictures and the quality of articles.
Thanks for stopping by.
What I always admire was the quality of presentation: photos, maps, details. Sure the articles are related with the personality, culture, knowledge, even politics and affiliate of the authors. It is a say that if you have more then 3 person in a room, you have more the 3 oppinions... But I have to admit that I learn a lot from NG.
Thanks for reading my article.
Loved this. NG has always been a favorite as far as the pix are concerned even though I disagree with the 'million of years concept' often found in many of the articles...
Bill's favorite for years!!