Shady Hollow Austin
Where to live in Austin, Texas? Shady Hollow Austin is one of the most-coveted neighborhoods in the Lone Star Capital City. Here are the top reasons why.
Where in Austin is Shady Hollow?
South Austin - easy living and affordable real estate
Thankfully, back in the 1970s, the Shady Hollow homeowners association prevented the banks from over-developing the area. This resultet in a preservation of generous park land with expansive green spaces and marvelous old-growth trees.
Since the 1980s, this South Austin neighborhood is owned and managed by the Shady Hollow Homeowners Corporation, and they make sure that nothing bad happens to the place. Good.
Capistrano Park and Pool is the home of the Shady Hollow Stingrays. Don't worry - it's the swim team. You'll find tennis courts and pretty playscapes for kids. You may even rent the event facilities at the neighborhood center for your anniversaries, weddings, birthday parties and other celebrations.
Introduction to Shady Hollow Austin
by Goldwasser Real Estate Agents David Schneider and Philip Myers
Map of Shady Hollow
So far out and yet so close to the city
Top reasons to live in Shady Hollow Austin
- Living in Shady Hollow has a country-feel to it, although shopping malls and downtown entertainment are within easy reach.
- As a census-designated place, Shady Hollow has lower tax rates than the City of Austin.
- The neighborhood is served by award-winning schools: Baranoff Elementary, Bailey Middle and---one of Austin's top educational institutes---Bowie High School.
- Drive away from the city and enter the beautiful Texas Hill Country with award-winning wineries, unique restaurants, and Lake Travis water recreation.
- Enjoy Austin's homegrown movie theater, the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Find the best Tex-Mex food right around the corner.
- Take a 20-minute drive to Downtown Austin and dine in some of the best restaurants in the nation: Congress, Uchi, Jeffrey's, Shoreline Grill...to name just a few.
- Take a 10-minute drive and dive into the "Austin Weird"-scene on South Congress Avenue. You'll find unique shops and a thriving food trailer community, offering a large variety of famous Austin eats.
- Shady Hollow homes are still in the affordable range for the average home buyer. For more in-depth information, check out the website of Shady Hollow residents and Goldwasser Real Estate agents David Schneider and Philip Myers: Shady Hollow Austin.