The BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuums are the most popular and definitely the best hand held vacuums for pet hair removal in the industry. Depending on your needs you could either buy the corded or the cordless version - both of them being top performers (Only if you follow the tips to overcome it's shortcomings as mentioned later on).
Let's take a look at the advantages of this hand held vacuum:
- It's got a flexible and reliable rubber nozzle that makes up the tip or you can say the sucking end. This looked pretty amazing, but the color I didn't like (Magenta, Pink, Purple - or what ever it is; I'm bad in colors). Well, it could be just me.
- The flexible rubber contour nozzle is great for cleaning stairs and a upholstery. But, in case of cars this nozzle is useless. Luckily, the pack comes along with a hard nozzle as well, this helps you clean up the interiors of your car and even corners of your floor at home.
- It is extremely light and even kids could do the job, make sure they're old enough to handle it though.
- Don't waste power, when your moving around from one corner of the room to the other, you can easily turn off the power as there's an on-off switch at reach.
- Contains a dirt container and not a dirt bag - so there's no need of buying replaceable bags - more savings!
- If you're using the model possessing a cord, the cord is long enough for all purposes even an entire flight of stairs.
Using this hand held vacuum effectively and with ease
As already mentioned, there are two different nozzles, one hard and one flexible. How would you switch them? It's pretty easy, there's a round nozzle-release button that you need to press. The nozzle pop out and you can easily place the other.
After every use make sure to empty the container and wash the HEPA media filter as well as the filter screen. Many say the filter screen shouldn't be washed. But, you could do it carefully by using a steady flow of water - don't rub it with your hands or any other cleaning sponge.
It's cup shaped right turn it upside down and then let water flow slowly use your hand as a block to reduce the force of water, that will clear out most of the stuck particles and hair - increasing the life of the filter and thus you get a cleaner room.
Disadvantages of the BISSELL hand held vacuum for pet hair
- Just a year's warranty, many unfortunate people have experienced a breakdown soon after this period. But, in most cases that's because of bad maintenance. Many people are satisfied even after the end of the warranty period - Check out this review.
- Is really effective when it comes to cleaning furniture, car interiors and stairs - but it's too tiny to clean up floors.