iCloud Service Review
At the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference Apple announces: iCloud Music Service, Mac OS Lion and iOS5
At an Apple Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, Moscone Center, on 6th June, the Apple CEO, the one and only Steve Jobs and his team (VP Phil Schiller and Scott Forstall VP of iOS engineering) announced 3 new products:
- iCloud Music Service
- Mac OS Lion
To the delight of the auditorium, a skinny Steve Jobs, he is a cancer survivor, came on stage to present iCloud... which has the potential to stop Music piracy.
It was emotional, he entered on the stage and the James Brown's "I Feel Good" started playing.
Keeping all the devices on sync was hard, so iCloud service was created as a repository. The entire digital staff will be move into the iCloud which is a FREE Service. iTunes is available today in beta in the iCloud.
- iCloud stores all your content, and wirelessy moves it to all your devices
- it is integrated with all your apps
- Calendars are stores in cloud , moved to all devices, and sharing is allowed
- New messages are mver to all decices as well
- Existing Appscan be download and new purchaseswill be sent to all devices
- iBooks syncs across all devices
- Documents in the cloud - you creat a doc in an eWork appit will be stored on the cloud and moved to all devices
- Photo Stream - Take a photo anywhere, and view it on all devices...
- iTunes in the Cloud - New purchased tab in iTunes store lets you play the music you already bought
How this is working:
- You download songs from iTunes
- Automatically iCloud stores the songs
- Automatically songs are propagated to all devices: your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac, and PC
What is happen with the music which was obtained using not ethically means? That music is not on iCloud. Ups! This service is viewed as a possibility to stop piracy.
Mac OS Lion
Phil Schiller present Mac OS Lion which will be available in July, and sold exclusively through the Mac App Store.
- Multitouch browsing - no scroll bar, just flick a finger to scroll, pinch and zoom
- Full-screen apps - A swipe gesture make you to go back to the desktop, users can have more than one full screen app running at once, with a swipe gesture you can switch between them
- Mission Control - A combination of Spaces, Expose and an App Switcher. which allow Apps to be deleted od added on the fly
- Window Migration - It is a easy way to switch from Windows
- Photo Booth - The effect of photos and video mini-app are amazing: automatic googly eyes, all kind of animations ( as... following your head round...)
- Mac App Store
- AirDrop - It is a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network option... see friends on your network with AirDrop open, and send files
- ... there are more then 200 features...
So Lion will cost you $29.99 in July.
VP Scott Forstall revealed:
- A new notifications capability for iOS 5. Instead to interrupt users with a confirmation dialog box - an auto-dismissing animation appears
- A new Notification Center and new lock screen show all notifications and open apps for any notification with a gesture
iOS is consider a major release, it supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1, 2, iPod Touch. At the conference, Forstall point out new features as:
- New messaging service
- Integrated Twitter
- PC free use
- ... turn out to be around 200 new features
iOS 5 it is a beta version at this point, but it will ship in fall.
Do you Wizzley?
If you don't, we cordially invite you to join us, click here or click on image.