Impress your family and friends with this easy to make Kiwi Cake. Made with kiwis and topped with lemon frosting and slices of kiwi, this cake is the perfect summertime treat.
Kiwi Cake Ingredients
Kiwi Cake Ingredients:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped into ½ pieces
Kiwi Cake Frosting Ingredients:
- ¼ cup cream cheese, for frosting
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind, for cake frosting
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, for cake frosting
- Kiwi slices, for garnishing
Kiwifruit, often referred to as kiwi, is sweet fruit that tastes like a mixture of banana, pineapple and strawberry. It's an oval fruit about the size of an egg. Kiwi also goes by the names Chinese gooseberry and Yang-tao. Kiwis are rich in vitamin C and low in calories. A medium sized kiwi contains about 45 calories, 0.3 grams of fat and around 11 carbs.
When purchasing a kiwi, choose one that is brown green in color and feels medium soft. If the kiwi is too soft, it might have gone bad. Every part of the kiwi is editable, even the fuzzy skin. Most people prefer to eat the kiwi without the skin though. The skin can be easily removed by dipping it in boiling water for about a minute. People allergic to pineapple or papayas are likely to be allergic to kiwi.
Keep your cakes fresh, and safely transport them, with these cake carriers from Amazon
- Holds 24 cupcakes or remove the tray to hold layered cake
- Collapses for easy storage
- Secures at the base with attached clips
- Secure handle for easy transporting
- Holds 12 standard cupcakes or 24 mini muffins
- 4 locking latches
- See-through cover
Kiwi Cake and Frosting Directions
Kiwi Cake Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan by lightly greasing it with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture until it is smooth.
- Stir in half of the chopped kiwi.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped kiwi over it.
- Bake the kiwi cake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until firm and golden brown.
- Remove from over and let stand 15 minutes.
- Turn out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Kiwi Cake Frosting Directions:
- With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, lemon rind, and the confectioners suger; beat until smooth,
- Spread the frosting over the cake.
- Garnish the top of the frosting with kiwi slices.