Best Camera Phone on a Smartphone 2012
The best smart phone camera out today.
Do we buy phones for taking calls texting or even going online... or do we get them to take photographs with? Well, all of the above of course.
However, all smart phones do each of the above. The issue is, which phone has the best camera?
As you can see from the photographs on this page, the Galaxy SII Samsung phone has a very good camera. You will hardly need to get yourself a digital camera.
Samsung Galaxy S II
The Samsung “Within” for US customers
|Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II Unlocked GSM Smartphone with 8 MP Camera,...|
Online reviews of the Galaxy S2 make it clear the camera is great, indeed the best on the market today.
My own experiences so far:
- Because you take a picture by touching the touch screen, the camera doesn't move as you take a picture. The result is that I have yet to make a picture with this phone that is moved - an absolute first for me. I haven't managed that with my digital camera at all.
- I'm sure the camera has the usual software to help make sure the camera takes sharp pictures and compensates for the light well, as you can see.
- The camera has flash, but I took all the pictures shown here without it. As you can see the light is well inside or out.
- The front facing camera, meant to be used for self-portraits, makes decent pictures, even if it also creates a rounder face than one really has.
For my grandmother, now suffering Alzheimers, a camera is something you pain stakingly take pictures with. Half the pictures would end up moved, unsharp etc. She was most amazed at the pictures taken with my phone.
I don't even mean this phone, I mean a previous and most inferior phone.
Digital camera's are so much better than camera's used to be that it's hardly a comparison.
The Galaxy S2 is also a great smartphone
While this review is mostly about the camera, I can't avoid mentioning other advantages of it:
- The Galaxy S2 is the best set up phone on the market today in terms of specifications.
- Typing using 'swype' is a real joy: fast and easy
- The best battery life of any smart phone on the market: it actually survives a full day of real use.
More phone gifts and fun
- Fake Phone for toddlers: A parent's review
To make sure your toddler doesn't use your cell, give them (a fake one) of their own. These include games so they learn their numbers and of course... have fun.
Use dropbox to automatically sync your images to all your machines
No more wires, no more manual downloads...
I just installed dropbox on my phone and am thrilled to find that it automatically uploads all pictures I take with my phone to my dropbox account (as soon as I'm connected through wifi). This is great because if there is one hassle I could do without it's connecting my phone to my laptop to get at the images.
And of course this is one of the advantages of using your smartphone as a camera: this way it really is smart and makes me more efficient.
Choose the best Tablet PC
Windows Surface Tablet or iPad? Or perhaps you'll go for the Android Tablet?
Advice On Purchasing a Camera For A Toddler