My October Bucket List
Having a "bucket list" for each month is far easier than designing one for the rest of your life. Having thirty one items on a list is pretty easy! Feel free to borrow!
My Bucket List For This Month
Here's to a great October!
I have often thought of preparing a "bucket list" for myself, but after perusing some of the other "bucket lists" I would come away to say... that's not for me! With a huge list, I just know that I would never get around to even attempting many of them. That's when I came up with the idea of creating a list for each month and everything on the list would have to be something that was not too far out of my comfort zone.
So that's what I did. I have begun a list of things that I would like to do for October. While it might not seem like your traditional bucket list... if you can even refer to it as traditional, mine will actually get me out of the house and actually doing something. And at the end of the month, I will actually feel as if I have accomplished something!
Creating Your Bucket List
Have You Created Your Own Bucket List Yet?
A Chicago Bucket List
Is Having a Bucket List Worth Your Time?
Actually, I think that it's a great idea!
What's On My List??
Day 1. Bake Halloween cookies for my husband, 30 year old daughter and myself. You don't have to have little ones to enjoy Halloween.
Day 2. Buy one item to decorate the house.
Day 3. Pull out all of my Halloween books from the shelf and put them on the coffee table.
Day 4. Decorate the front porch for Halloween night.
Day 5. Find costumes that we can actually wear. We went out to a kareoke bar a few years ago and had tons of fun
Day 6. Decorate the diningroom... I have everything from placemats to eerie candalabras and oh yes, lots of black spiders to sprinkle too.
Day 7. Look for a spooky movie to watch... okay not too spooky.
Day 8. Get out the old photo albums. There should be lots of Halloween pics in there to peruse.
Day 9. Go shopping for really good candy to hand out. What were a few of my favorites when I was a kid??
Day 10. Read ghost stories curled up by the fire.
Day 11. Go out on Halloween night to see the sights.
Day 12 Look to see if their are any authentic haunted houses in our area.
Day 13. I have lots of old magazines published for October. It might be the perfect place for inspiration.
Day 14. Do a little armchair traveling. I wonder where the spookiest place in England would be?
Day 15. Host a Halloween party for hubby's office.
Day 16. Bake enough Halloween goodies to send to the office each Friday of the month.
Day 17. It might be fun to have my Tarot cards read!
Day 18. Google Halloween customs in other countries. Now this could be fun. I might even borrow a few ideas!
19. Look in the paper to see what the community is doing. I'm kind of hoping for a Corn Maze to explore. I did this once in England and scared me silly. There is just something creepy about not finding your way out of it. Could make for a great Sunday afternoon!
20. Halloween is just perfect for Candy Apples, but we haven't tried any in years and years. This just might be the year!
21. Hot cider on the front porch sounds like something that would be fun... There are nothing like the sound of October at night!!
22. My daughter came up with the idea of a hayride in combination with choosing our pumpkin for the front porch! I like that one!
23. Get out the digital camera and actually read the manual about how to use it. My Halloween shots could be a lot better if I knew what my camera could actually do.
24. Decorate the house with lots of candles burning a few nights before Halloween arrives. It will get us all in the mood for the big night.
25. Decorate the front windows with things called "window clings" but only if your kids are old enough not to get freaked out. It really does look like bloody handprints on the windows. Wait until your kids are teens lol. They will probably think that you are amazing.
26. If you really have time, get some brown paper and design your own book covers and then display them on the coffee table. Lets see just how "spookily creative" you can get. When the month is over, you can remove the covers and return the books to the shelf.
27. If you have a front porch, you can either sit some old lanterns on the step or hang them so that they light the way to the front porch. I got this idea from a house a couple of blocks away. They had two rusty lanterns hanging at eye level and it did indeed give me the creeps!
28. Make a wand for Sofie... my soon to be born granddaughter. In a few years she will be into the whole princess thing!
29. Pencil in "Welcome to My Nightmare" thanks to Alice Cooper. Have to see this one!
30. Outdo myself with some really cool Jack-o-Lanterns this year. Mine tend to all look the same!
31. Change the artwork in the house for the month of October. I don't have very much at the moment, but half the fun will be getting started. These days, you can find wall hangings and posters... EVERYWHERE~
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE :)
|David Busch's Digital Photography Bucket List: 100 Great Digital Photos You Must Take Before ...|
Whether you're a professional photographer or an avid amateur shutterbug, get ready to flex your creativity and enhance your portfolio of images. "David Busch's Digital ...
|500 Things to Do Before You Kick the Bucket|
500 Things to Do Before You Kick the Bucket is your personal guidebook to enjoying all that the world has to offer. The 500 ideas on this must-do itinerary will take you to ...Only $14.95
My Halloween Picks!
... lets have a party!
|NIGHT-GRING 12 Pcs Halloween Decorations Refrigerator Magnets Office Magnets Halloween Fridge Mag...|
12 Pcs Halloween decorations Refrigerator Magnets Office Magnets. 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 Packing: 12 different shapes, more choices! Mat...Only $9.59
|Pumpkin Peeps 4 Piece Set of Vintage Style Halloween Ceramic Mugs|
Sip your morning coffee with family or friends this spooky season from a mug you love! This set of ceramic mugs, designed by artist Johanna Parker features four vintage designs ...Only $39.99
|DII 54x72" Rectangular Polyester Lace Tablecloth, Black Spider Web - Perfect for Halloween, Dinne...|
DII Halloween lace tablecloths work great as an overlay for a solid color tablecloth or on its own. Make your table spooky and dress it up for Halloween! DII lace tablecloth is ...Only $9.99
|Halloween Fireplace Decoration Festive Party Supplies Lace Spiderweb Fireplace Mantle Scarf Cover...|
The most enjoyable holiday on halloween. Enjoy a Unique halloween decorations with the Lace Spiderweb Fireplace Mantle. DIY Halloween personal decoration Time to decorate your h...
|HQQNUO Halloween Decorations Black Lace Spiderweb Fireplace Mantle 18 x 96 inch Scarf Cover Festi...|
About us HQQNUO is a new team founded by a group of youthful and creative people, we aim at offer new, fashion, simple,useful,high quality products for global customers. Every y...Only $7.99
|Halloween Trick or Treat Cookie Cutters Cutouts- Pumpkin, Witch Hat, Bat,Ghost,Cat,Tombstone Part...|
Care Instructions Hand wash and dry your cookie cutters immediately. Drying Tip After turning off your oven, place washed cookie cutters on a clean cookie sheet. Let the remaini...Only $8.99
More Halloween Picks
... for your kitchen :)
|Celebrate Together Embroidery Black Cat Decorative Cotton Kitchen Bath Towels, Set of 2|
Add fun and life to your home decor with these Celebrate Halloween Together 2-Pack Cotton Kitchen Towels Set. 100% Cotton. Machine wash cold with like colors.
|DII Cotton Halloween Holiday Dish Towels, 18x28" Set of 3, Decorative Oversized Embellished Kitch...|
"Get Ready for a Holiday Feast and Tackle Kitchen Works with DII Holiday Dish Towels DII Holiday Dish Towels are must-own kitchen essentials for every household. Dish Towels com...
|MyGift Skull Design Tabletop Napkin Holder, Metal Wire Paper Towel Dispenser, Black|
Add a splash of gothic style to your dinner parties or family meals with this unique napkin holder. Made of sturdy metal with a black finish, this decorative napkin stand boasts...Only $13.99
|2 Piece Halloween Kitchen Accessories: Pumpkin Kitchen Towel and Pot Holder|
Add a bit of functional flair to your eating area with the 2-Pc. Halloween Kitchen Set. It features a pot holder and kitchen towel held together with a button. They are easily d...Only $7.99
|DII Cotton Embellished Halloween Dish Towels, 18x28" Set of 2, Decorative Oversized Kitchen Towel...|
Tackle Your Kitchen Works With DII Dish Towels/Dish Cloths DII's Dish Cloths and Dish Towels set are customers’ all-time-favor. DII offers these dish cloths and dish towels at a...Only $11.99