My October Bucket List
Having a "bucket list" for each month is far easier than designing one for the rest of your life. Having thirty one items on a list is pretty easy! Feel free to borrow!
My Bucket List For This Month
Here's to a great October!
I have often thought of preparing a "bucket list" for myself, but after perusing some of the other "bucket lists" I would come away to say... that's not for me! With a huge list, I just know that I would never get around to even attempting many of them. That's when I came up with the idea of creating a list for each month and everything on the list would have to be something that was not too far out of my comfort zone.
So that's what I did. I have begun a list of things that I would like to do for October. While it might not seem like your traditional bucket list... if you can even refer to it as traditional, mine will actually get me out of the house and actually doing something. And at the end of the month, I will actually feel as if I have accomplished something!
Creating Your Bucket List
Have You Created Your Own Bucket List Yet?
A Chicago Bucket List
Is Having a Bucket List Worth Your Time?
Actually, I think that it's a great idea!
What's On My List??
Day 1. Bake Halloween cookies for my husband, 30 year old daughter and myself. You don't have to have little ones to enjoy Halloween.
Day 2. Buy one item to decorate the house.
Day 3. Pull out all of my Halloween books from the shelf and put them on the coffee table.
Day 4. Decorate the front porch for Halloween night.
Day 5. Find costumes that we can actually wear. We went out to a kareoke bar a few years ago and had tons of fun
Day 6. Decorate the diningroom... I have everything from placemats to eerie candalabras and oh yes, lots of black spiders to sprinkle too.
Day 7. Look for a spooky movie to watch... okay not too spooky.
Day 8. Get out the old photo albums. There should be lots of Halloween pics in there to peruse.
Day 9. Go shopping for really good candy to hand out. What were a few of my favorites when I was a kid??
Day 10. Read ghost stories curled up by the fire.
Day 11. Go out on Halloween night to see the sights.
Day 12 Look to see if their are any authentic haunted houses in our area.
Day 13. I have lots of old magazines published for October. It might be the perfect place for inspiration.
Day 14. Do a little armchair traveling. I wonder where the spookiest place in England would be?
Day 15. Host a Halloween party for hubby's office.
Day 16. Bake enough Halloween goodies to send to the office each Friday of the month.
Day 17. It might be fun to have my Tarot cards read!
Day 18. Google Halloween customs in other countries. Now this could be fun. I might even borrow a few ideas!
19. Look in the paper to see what the community is doing. I'm kind of hoping for a Corn Maze to explore. I did this once in England and scared me silly. There is just something creepy about not finding your way out of it. Could make for a great Sunday afternoon!
20. Halloween is just perfect for Candy Apples, but we haven't tried any in years and years. This just might be the year!
21. Hot cider on the front porch sounds like something that would be fun... There are nothing like the sound of October at night!!
22. My daughter came up with the idea of a hayride in combination with choosing our pumpkin for the front porch! I like that one!
23. Get out the digital camera and actually read the manual about how to use it. My Halloween shots could be a lot better if I knew what my camera could actually do.
24. Decorate the house with lots of candles burning a few nights before Halloween arrives. It will get us all in the mood for the big night.
25. Decorate the front windows with things called "window clings" but only if your kids are old enough not to get freaked out. It really does look like bloody handprints on the windows. Wait until your kids are teens lol. They will probably think that you are amazing.
26. If you really have time, get some brown paper and design your own book covers and then display them on the coffee table. Lets see just how "spookily creative" you can get. When the month is over, you can remove the covers and return the books to the shelf.
27. If you have a front porch, you can either sit some old lanterns on the step or hang them so that they light the way to the front porch. I got this idea from a house a couple of blocks away. They had two rusty lanterns hanging at eye level and it did indeed give me the creeps!
28. Make a wand for Sofie... my soon to be born granddaughter. In a few years she will be into the whole princess thing!
29. Pencil in "Welcome to My Nightmare" thanks to Alice Cooper. Have to see this one!
30. Outdo myself with some really cool Jack-o-Lanterns this year. Mine tend to all look the same!
31. Change the artwork in the house for the month of October. I don't have very much at the moment, but half the fun will be getting started. These days, you can find wall hangings and posters... EVERYWHERE~
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE :)
|David Busch's Digital Photography Bucket List: 100 Great Digital Photos You Must Take Before ...|
Whether you're a professional photographer or an avid amateur shutterbug, get ready to flex your creativity and enhance your portfolio of images. "David Busch's Digital ...
|500 Things to Do Before You Kick the Bucket|
500 Things to Do Before You Kick the Bucket is your personal guidebook to enjoying all that the world has to offer. The 500 ideas on this must-do itinerary will take you to ...Only $14.95
My Halloween Picks!
... lets have a party!
|AerWo Halloween Decoration Black Lace Spiderweb Fireplace Mantle Scarf Cover Festive Party Suppli...|
Item specifics: Color: Black Dimension: 18 x 96in Description: Creating the perfect ambiance for your Halloween or other party with elegant spooky black lace decor accessories. ...Only $8.99
|DII Halloween Lace Tablecloth for Halloween Parties, Décor, Dinners 54 by 72-Inch, Black|
DII Halloween lace tablecloths work great as an overlay for a solid color tablecloth or on its own. Make your table spooky and dress it up for Halloween! DII lace tablecloth is ...Only $9.99
|Plastic Brain Jello Mold|
What's the best way to freak people out? Serve them a gelatin brain. Whether you make them by yourself, or have fun with your kids, this gelatin brain mold is sure to scare. Rea...
|72 Plastic Halloween Picks by FE|
Halloween Picks. Stick these 3" plastic picks in Halloween appetizers for a spooky look! You can add a frightfully fun touch to meat and cheese trays with these spiders, bats, p...
|Zombies Monster and Bride Magnetic Ceramic Halloween Salt and Pepper Shakers|
Zombie Monster And Bride Kissing Magnetic Salt and Pepper Shaker SetOnly $12.99
|Marry Acting 18 x 96 inch Cobweb Fireplace Scarf Mysterious Lace SpiderWeb Mantle Lace Runner Fir...|
Pls Note: This item is monolayer, no lining. Color: Black Dimension: Width:9.05"-18",Lenth:96" Black lace fireplace mantle scarf features spider web design. Display on mantle, o...Only $7.98
More Halloween Picks
... for your kitchen :)
|DII Cotton Halloween Holiday Dish Towels, 18x28" Set of 3, Decorative Oversized Embellished Kitch...|
Get Ready for a Holiday Feast and Tackle Kitchen Works with DII Holiday Dish Towels DII Holiday Dish Towels are must-own kitchen essentials for every household. Dish Towels come...
|DII 100% Cotton, Oversized Decorative Halloween Holiday Printed Dish Towels, 18x28", Set of 3, Ja...|
Get the Cutest Decorative Dish Towel from DII for your Halloween Parties! DII Jack-O-Lantern Dish Towels are must-own set for your Halloween Kitchen. The 3 pieces set come with ...
|2-Pc. Halloween Kitchen Set (Orange Pumpkin)|
2-Pc. Halloween Kitchen Set features a pot holder and kitchen towel held together with a button. They are easily detached when you want to use them separately. The pot holder ha...Only $5.98
|Grasslands Road Pretty Wicked Black Cat Tea Towel Set, Two Styles|
Grasslands road pretty wicked black cat tea towel set two styles
|Kitchen Towels - Set of 2 - Halloween Boos|
Set of 2 Kitchen Towels - Halloween BoosOnly $9.99