So, you want to build a freelance internet marketing business?
Building a freelance internet marketing business is not all that complicated, if you are an experienced blogger and online writer. Here are some essential tips for you.
How to design an internet marketing campaign for small businesses
Work from home and make good money
Yes, you can make good money with your own freelance internet marketing business. What most e-course sellers don't mention, however, is the sheer boat load of work required to get you there. They offer shortcuts and ninja methods and automated services, but without knowing just what gets cut short, and what can be automated...you're often left as confused as before.
I had spent almost 3 years of learning as much as I could about article writing, blogging, website design, and social media stuff, before I ventured out as a full-time freelance online consultant.
Before that, I've had some Squidoo royalties coming in, a few Amazon commissions, a little bit of money from Share-a-Sale...but today I'm charging my clients anywhere from $500 and up per month for my online marketing campaigns. I can pick and choose, and take on as many clients as I want.
I love what I do, and they love what I do for them.
In the following sections, I'll share with you the basic elements of my marketing business. These are somewhat advanced tips for people who know how to use Wordpress, simple HTML, and the principles of SEO. Without this knowledge you will find it very difficult to create effective online campaigns in this competitive and ever-changing line of work.
The basic steps of marketing a small business on the web
Our example business is a specialty bakery called "Appelstrudel Annie"
- Keyword Research. Before you register a domain name, conduct sufficient research on the best keywords and keyphrases relating to your business. You may find that applestrudel.com has been taken. Try the .net version. Or, add a location, i.e. applestrudelaustin.com. Or, if Annie has already made a name for herself, go with applestrudelannie.com.
- Find other related keywords with plenty searches and little or weak competition, and reserve those for your category titles. Examples: applestrudel delivery, gift strudels, cheese strudels (if they make them, too), buy applestrudels online, etc.
- The goal is to capture the best 5 or 6 keyphrases and organize them as primary keyword (domain name) and blog categories.
- Website. Use Wordpress. If you are not familiar with the ins and outs on this platform, learn them. It's worth it in the long run. To register your domain name and set up a hosting account, consult with Anne Corcino ("nightowl" on Wizzley.com). Her website is: SEOPraxis.com. Her customer service is spectacular.
- Facebook Fan Page. Build one for "Applestrudel Annie" and start gathering "Likes" and comments. Share lots of good stuff about other people and related businesses. About every 5th or 6th status update, write about your client's affairs.
- Twitter. Same thing here. Be generous with praise and retweets, and don't tweet your own stuff too often. Reply to comments and say thank you to people who retweet your updates.
- YouTube. Set up a channel for Applestrudel Annie and create a few nice videos about the business.
- Animoto. (Oh, boy - it's my affiliate link.) Animoto is priceless. All you need is a few good pictures, and you can create stunning videos within minutes. Post these to your YouTube channel and on your website. It's a fabulous tool, and it looks very attractive to your visitors. A pro-account for up tp 10-minutes-long videos is only $30/year. I get $12 if you sign up through my link, up there. Thanks! :) Then, become an affiliate yourself. This is a concept worth spreading. Try Animoto for free and make 30-second clips.
- Wizzley. Write several articles about various aspects of your client's company. Link back to the website, of course. Do the same on Squidoo, Hubpages, Ezine, and similar sites.
- Social Bookmarking. Submit your best stuff to stumbleupon, digg, reddit, etc. Don't overdo it, though. Share nothing but value.
The best Social Media Trainingsprogram at a ridiculously low price has been developed by our own Wizzley Ron Passfield and can be found right here: Squidooroo Social Media Training
Animoto video for one of my online marketing campaigns
Wizzley AJ is a master teacher of keyword research
Wizzley pages with excellent info for online marketing campaigns
The hands-down best keyword research tool on the market
I've used it for 2 years and can't live without it!
Watch out - another pesky little affiliate link o' mine!
However, this is a must-have tool for every online marketer. Most of you might have heard about it but were reluctant to spend $97 for "something you can have for free on the web". Wrong.
Sure, you can spend hours of keyword and competition research without having to invest a penny...if your time isn't worth anything, that is. This tool does the work in minutes and pays for itself within a few days. Check it out for free and then buy and use it: Market Samurai