WP email for a specific domain
I have had a question about setting up an e-mail for a domain in Wordpress. So I try to respond in a post, a comment is to restricted for the answer.
What we need to set up an e-mail for a domain. I'll explain in details and this is valid on any platform you chose if you have you own domain. It is applying for Wordpress as well.
So you need:
- a domain
- you need a web host which offer to you a cPanel
The existing if a cPanel may look restrictive for you, in reality is a must because through a cPanel you are in-charge with the maintenance of you domain, in time you will realize that this is a great plus not a restriction.
What is a cPanel? It is a web hosting control software you can access via your browser which is offering tools to manage your hosting account easily.
For the beginning I give you an example of panel control of a cPanel, I do this just to show you the tools included in this type of host. I use the pictures of the cPanel I use from my web hosting acount.
The cPanel part 1
The cPanel part 1
The cPanel part 2
The cPanel part 2
The cPanel part 3
The cPanel part 3
More about Hosts offering cPanel
So, it is enough to look over to the above 3 pictures and you have an idea about the variety of tools and functionality a cPanel can offer.
As I stated I show you the cPanel my Host offers me, you can find small variation from one host to another, but in essence all cPanels let you manage your hosting account through tools which are more or less similar with the ones in this example.
In picture no. 2, you can see an entire section about e-mails, so I'll get there and I'll explain how to use the tools to set up an email for your domain. But let's clarify first the host with cPanel.
Note: If you have a domain on a host which doesn't offer cPanel software, you definitely need to find one which offer what you want. The process of transferring a domain from a host to another is very simple and the majority of hosts will help you or doing for you.
What I use is Hostgator (click on this link or on the picture) host:
Why Hostgator is my favorite Host, and believe me, I have tried a couple of them:
- The support is really awesome
- When I post a request/question, I have an answer in a couple of hours in spite of 2 hours change in time
- The live chat is even better, is instant when the time matters for me
- They have tutorials for each function of cPanel (by the way, this is how I learned to work with cPanel)
- Their monthly newsletter is informational and very helpful; this is how I find out about WP Supper Cache plug-in, I get a lot of tips and knowledge, and I find out about Hostgator happenings
I truly hope this information has been helping you.
All you need is a baby crock account...
Creating an e-mail attached to a domain Part 1
Setting an email on your host account
You chose the email section of the cPanel.
In the left picture you click on "email accounts".
The screen in the next module will appear.
This is a screen from where you can create your new email related with you domain.
In the next picture you have to:
- Use the drop down arrow to chose for which domain you want an e-mail ( if you have many domains). I chose michaelacernescu.com (one of my Blogs on WP)
- Now fill in:
- email name - in my case I use Michaela
- a password
- type the password again
- chose a diferent quota, I left the default
- Click "create account"
We are done, this is what I create:
Create e-mail attached to a domain Part 2
Create e-mail part 2
The e-mail I create is the first one
Email I create
Creating an e-mail attached to a domain Part 3
So, I attached the email name "michaela" to my domain "michaelacernescu.com", as you can see in the above picture.
The firstname.lastname@example.org email was created... it has 0 quota used from 250.
The next email in the picture is an old one, and it was attached to a different domain, and I already used 300 from 400 quota, Ups! I am glad I see it; I have to increase the quota.
Note: There are many other methods? Sure, I give you the method I use and I explain the advantages but there are many more.
- I give a practical example how to create an e-mail for a specific domain; this method is not related with the platform you use. It is working perfectly with Wordpress.
- Following my advice to have a host for your blog which has cPanel, you basically have all the tools to manage your account and in time is priceless.
- There are small differences from a host to another, but if you use Hostgator you have the advantage that I know his cPanel very well and you can put questions and It will be easy for me to debug, whatever problems you have.
- Hostgator has a superb tutorial for each function of the cPanel, so when you use to it, you don't need me anymore, you are in-charge with your work on site, maintenance and more.
My other technical posts
Wordpress Plugin Part 01
Wordpress has over 14,000 plugins, which provide huge functionality. It really is intimidating foe beginners. So I start a serirs in which I'll present plug-ins I know and work with.
After you already did keyword research, created your article, now you should start to think how you can get links from authority sites back to your site.
Google and Affiliate Marketers
Until 2010 we had a pattern with Google Ranking Algorithms. It was a cycle, at two years Google came with a new version of ranking algorithm. All this has been changed in 2010 with Google Caffeine
Open Source Value
Open source is a development method that promotes access to the product's source for better quality, reliability, flexibility; enabling a self-enhancing diversity of models, communications, and interactive communities.
New Product Launch 1
Today I chat with you about pre-sell which has a vital role, and a potential to sink or catapult your product to a spectacular success. I am doing this as I noticed in many cases a disproportional attention to the pre-sell steps.
Do you Wizzley?
we cordially invite you to join us,
click here or click on image.